Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

My Go-To Healthy Recipes


For the past six months, I've been on quite the journey of learning how to eat better and make the right choices in the kitchen so that I can better fuel my body for my busy lifestyle! I know I'm not the only one who feels like time is the hardest part of eating cleaner/better- there is just not enough of it! I certainly don't have hours to spend in the kitchen, more like an hour on Sundays, so I like to keep a stock of go-to recipes on rotation so that eating well isn't out of reach.

So today I'm really excited to share with you my five go-to meals! These are tried-and-true and always fill me up while delivering great flavor- and must for me :) 


Note: I pretty much always put any of the below over quinoa as I find it is the most filling for me. My portion size is 1 cup quinoa and 1 cup of one of the following crockpot recipes... always a winner!


{Crockpot Buffalo Chicken}
I've made this recipe for so many years- it's a staple in my house at least once a month! Since I've been trying to eat healthier I like to add some veggies into it now (to sneak them in!)

Ingredients:
3-4 fresh chicken breasts
1 bottle your favorite buffalo sauce
1 packet dry ranch dressing
Celery
Carrots

Recipe:
1. Dice up carrots and celery (as many as you want)
2. Lay chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot
3. Add ranch packet, veggies, cover with bottle of buffalo sauce
4. Cook on low 6-8 hours
5. Shred chicken (I pull it out to shred it) and put back into crockpot for at least 30 minutes to soak up all the flavors. 
6. Serve over quinoa
Note: I've also used this recipe to top sweet potatoes and it is delicious!


{Salsa Mexican Chicken}

Ingredients:
Jar of tomatillo salsa
3 peppers (I use 1 red, 1 yellow, & 1 green)
3-4 fresh chicken breasts
1 jalapeno

Recipe:
1. Dice peppers & jalapeños
2. Lay chicken in crockpot, top with peppers and jalapeños and salsa
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours
4. Shred chicken (I pull it out to shred it) and put back into crockpot for at least 30 minutes to soak up all the flavors. 
5. Serve over quinoa


{BBQ & Pineapple Chicken}

Ingredients:
3-4 fresh chicken breasts
1 bottle BBQ sauce
1 can chunk pineapple (drained)

Recipe:
1. Lay chicken in bottom of crockpot
2. Cover with pineapple & then BBQ sauce
3. Cook on low 6-8 hours
4. Shred chicken (I pull it out to shred it) and put back into crockpot for at least 30 minutes to soak up all the flavors. 
5. Serve over quinoa


{Turkey Chili}
I follow this recipe as is- and you can grab it in it's original form here.


{Avocado Toast}
I'm sure there are a million and one ways to make this (actually I know there are!) but this is my simple and fresh take on it :) I love this for dinner on a busy night- take less than 5 minutes to put together and is so good!

Ingredients:
1 avocado
Freshly ground sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 lime
2 slices Dave's Killer Bread (small slices)

Recipe:
1. Dice and mash avocado
2. Squeeze lime juice over avocado mash and mix in
3. Spread Avocado on 2 slices of toast
4. Top with fresh sea salt and black pepper

If you try any of the above, make sure and let me know what you think! I'd love to share more about food/health in the future so if this interests you- yay! There is so much more coming your way in 2017 :)

You may also like:


7 comments

  1. These are my favorite posts - especially when they involve crock pot recipes!! I will be trying that buff chicken :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great recipes! I basically live on Avocado toast for lunch because it is so quick and easy. I'll have to give those crockpot recipes a try because I definitely rely on my crock pot during the week.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made that buffalo chicken on Sunday for lunches this week and it is oh so good! And that turkey chili sounds amazing, it's supposed to get cooler this weekend so going to give that a try! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound like some really good recipes! I love any type of chicken that you can toss in a crockpot and come home to after work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm.....the avocado on toast-I am in!

    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Yes to anything and everything in the crockpot! Especially buffalo chicken <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crockpot buffalo chicken is a classic & always hits the spot! My college-aged brother got a crockpot for Christmas and decided this recipe was easy enough even for him - he loves it too! I've never paired it with quinoa or sweet potatoes though - I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)