Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

2017: New Year's Resolutions


I don't think I've ever been as excited to share my New Year's resolutions as I am today! 2016 was truly a transformative year for me, and I learned so much about myself, what I want, where I'm going, and what I need to do to get there (and I had some pretty incredible support along the way!). So 2017 is my year to put those learnings into action, and stop being scared of the "what if" and just go for it!

So, without further ado, here are my personal & blog goals for 2017:


{PERSONAL}

ONE || CULTIVATE A HOME
Man oh man y'all, this is a HUGE goal of mine for 2017! I'm good at a lot of things, but when it comes to my home I always put my attention elsewhere. So then, I often come home and don't feel like I'm at "home" because I haven't cultivated a space that reflects me and makes me feel homey. I've really been wanting to buy a home, but it's still a ways off, so instead of waiting for the "right moment" I'm committed to cultivating a warm and inviting space that makes me & my visitors feel at home. I'm really excited to accomplish this goal and can't wait to share it with y'all once completed!

TWO || PAY OFF DEBTS & BUILD MY SAVINGS
Without a doubt this may be one of my most challenging, but important resolutions this year. As I mentioned above, I'm hoping to buy a house in the next 2 years, and am currently not financially where I want to be to make that investment, yet I know exactly what I need to do. I need to pay off my frivolous debts and have a consistent savings plan. I've made an excel spreadsheet for the year, so I know what my goals are for this, and it's doable if I can keep myself disciplined and on track. I know that it may be hard at times, but if I can accomplish it I will be SO proud. For those of you who are financial gurus- anything you can share to help me?! :)

THREE || WORKOUT 3-4 TIMES A WEEK
I've definitely gotten in a much more consistent routine with working out this year, but I'm still only averaging 2 "hard core" workouts per week (thank you Zumba)! In the coming year I would like to move my average up to 3-4 "hardcore" workouts/ week outside of my daily long walks with Buddy.

FOUR || FIND A HOME CHURCH
I'm determined to find a church home this year. Something that has become increasingly important to me is the idea of community. I've seen so many of my friends supported and lifted up in hard times by their church family and I want to be involved in the hopes of giving that support and fellowship to others. I'd also like to challenge myself to volunteer with the church (once I find it) and get involved socially with other young professionals in the church.

Sidenote for my Tampa peeps: I've been going to Grace Family Church's South Tampa campus for two weeks now and I really like it! :) Hoping that this may become my church home!

FIVE || CARVE OUT 30 MIN/DAY FOR QUIET TIME
In the same vein of finding my church family, I also continue to work on carving out daily time to spend with the Lord, studying his word and giving thanks for my daily blessings. One thing that I've already started to do is waking up with the First5 App, which gives you a daily 5 minute devotional in the hopes that you will spend the first 5 minutes of your day with God. Since I'm really groggy when I wake up (and Buddy wants breakfast as soon as he sees me crack an eye open!) I've been doing it as soon as I make my morning coffee and I'm already loving the positive outlook it gives me for my day. Now I would like to end my day with the 30 minutes prior to bed spent in the Word.

SIX || READ MORE BOOKS
Growing up I was always dubbed a "bookworm" by friends and family, but in the last few years with the hustle & bustle of life I've somehow lost that fervor for reading. I don't have a specific goal for the number of books per month I want to read, but I know that I want to at least read 1-2 new books per month & then hopefully more! I downloaded the Kindle app for my iPad to make it easier to take books when I travel  & plan to do a monthly book review :) Feel free to send suggestions my way!

SEVEN || TAKE MORE PICTURES OF THE "EVERYDAY"
This probably sounds like an odd resolution for a blogger, but I'm actually REALLY bad at taking pictures of my everyday and events I attend/social gatherings/etc. One thing I want to do on the blog is share more of my heart and my personality with y'all, but I'm forever getting so caught up in the moments and events that I take no pictures and then BOOM- no blog content! So, while I certainly don't want to view my life through a camera phone, I do want to try and snap a few more pictures!

EIGHT || GET BACK TO BEING ORGANIZED
Much like I used to be a major bookworm, I also used to be OCD organized, and in the past few years I've become so much more of a #HotMess (what happened?!) I think I've gotten myself so busy that even taking 5 minutes to write down an event seems like too much; but then I miss things (duh, Gentry). I've finally gotten a planner I love, so I'm making 2017 the year I get back to the basics and back to organization!

via

{BLOG}
This little space has already grown into far more than I've ever dreamed it would, and connecting with readers near (hi mom!) and far (hi Nia in Wales!) is such a joy and a thrill! Y'all have lit a serious fire under me to continue to innovate and cultivate this space into one that you feel as much joy visiting as I do creating content for it. I have so many big dreams for Girl Meets Bow this year:

ONE || TURN THE BLOG FROM HOBBY TO HUSTLE
If this space is going to continue to grow, and I continue to have the amazing opportunity to work with brands I adore and support, I have to treat it more like a business (don't worry that won't change the content- just operations on the back end!). I have a few goals in mind for this:
- Create a Media Kit for Girl Meets Bow
- Purchase my domain name

TWO || INTRODUCE DIVERSE NEW CONTENT
What I've realized over the past few years is that while I started this blog wanting to share my love of creating outfits and great shopping finds, I am so much more than just fashion. I've recently developed a love of eating healthier, I'm passionate about travel, I love the to volunteer and give back, and I'm rediscovering old passions like reading (and writing!). All that being said, I think it's natural that this blog should grow and reflect all those diverse interests & hopefully give you a fuller glimpse into who I am :)

Here's what I plan to introduce, content-wise, in 2017:
- More Clean Eating tips, tricks, recipes, & learnings
- Book Review
- Better organized and cohesive travel guides & trip recaps

THREE || ORGANIZE A TAMPA BAY BLOGGERS GROUP
I've been rolling around this idea for several months, and this is the year that I'm making it happen y'all! It's hard to believe, but in a market the size of Tampa we don't have an organized group for fashion/lifestyle bloggers; so I decided rather than being sad about it, I would start one! I'm dreaming of a group that not only socializes and supports each other, but also creates unique content together that showcases the amazing cities in the Bay area that we get to call home. My head is spinning with the possibilities of what we could do if we teamed up together! (If you know any bloggers who would be interested in joining send them my way!)

FOUR || ATTEND THE BLOG SOCIETIES CONFERENCE
I love being a part of The Blog Societies, and every year they put on an amazing conference for their members which sells out in about 5 minutes! And honestly, the only thing that has kept me from going the past 2 year? Fear. Fear that I'm not "big enough" or "professional enough" or that I wouldn't be accepted! Crazy huh?! I've only ever read the most amazing feedback on the conference, so I'm pushing my fears aside and making every effort to attend this year :) #BYEFEAR

In the theme of letting go of my fears, this song is my unofficial "theme song" of the year:



Thank you so much for all your support in 2016 and cheers to 2017 being the year of our dreams coming true! XO





9 comments

  1. These are such good goals for this year and so attainable! don't be afraid of TBS conference, it's for ppl of all sizes. That's what is so great about it, everyone is there to learn no matter what stage they are in and it SO much fun!! Can't wait to see you there this year!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement friends!! As long as I can get a ticket before sell-out I will be there :) XO

      Delete
  2. These are such great goals. I love the one about cultivating your home. I'd love to actually invest time decorating our home this year and making it more home-y!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am impressed-this is such a grown up-list lol-but all really good!

    Happy NY Girlie,

    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked it this year gurlie, and so happy you found a good church that you love. That's been a struggle for me as well, and am hoping that changes in 2017. Happy New Year sweet friend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you! You are a daily inspiration to me and I am so glad that I am a small part of your blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals for 2017! Excited to follow along!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome Gentry! Good for you, you are an inspiration to me, and can relate to several of these goals myself :-) I am NO financial guru, but love, LOVE Dave Ramsey and his principles; check out his Financial Peace University class, you will not regret it!

    Can't wait to follow along and watch all of your 2017 goals come to life!

    XXOO,
    Leslie C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are just the sweetest Leslie!! Thank you for your encouragement- can't wait to take on this year! :) XO

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)