Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Travel Guide: Girl's Weekend in Nashville


Hey y'all! This post has been way too long in the making, but I've been so excited to introduce more travel to the blog that I wanted to make sure it was ready before sharing!

As I've shared with you, my girlfriends and I take a trip once a year- a tradition we've been doing for about 5 years. It's always the sweetest time of catching up, making memories, and having fun (the most important thing on any trip!) We always rotate who plans the trips, and this year was my turn! The girls voted on Nashville in late October and I was thrilled to tackle the plans for our weekend. I'd been to Nashville once for a conference, so I had a few ideas of what to do/where to go, but I had to research a TON to get all the details in place so I'm sharing all my secrets with you here to make your next trip planning easier!

PS- Scroll to the bottom of this post for an easy to reference list of all my favorites/recommendations/info!



























"Chic 2 Bedroom Townhouse" in 12 South
This was the exact townhouse we rented for the weekend and I cannot rave about it more! It is in the perfect location- walking distance to 12 South- and so girly and chic inside. There were 6 of us and everyone had a bed (oh so important when on vacation), plus an adorable living room and full kitchen. One of the things that was really important to us was being able to make a healthy breakfast (since we knew we'd be splurging on our other meals) and this fully-functioning kitchen was perfect for us. I also loved our rental company, TurnKey. We needed one or two small things on our trip and I had a direct line to an agent who immediately got us what we needed- stress free vacationing!

If there is one thing you're going to be doing a lot of in Nashville, it's eating! There are so many good choices, and you pretty much can't go wrong with any of them, but these were our favorites from the trip!

Monells
This is such a fun and unique restaurant in the Germantown neighborhood of Nashville. It's in a historic converted house and the entire meal is a fixed menu, served family style. Each party sits at a long table (I think our table seated 12) and if your party doesn't fill the table then you get seated with strangers- who quickly become friends! The whole meal is not only delicious (save room- you'll need it for the fried chicken and the banana pudding!) but it's such a unique experience that this is at the top of my "must" list for anyone who visits! You'll definitely want to make reservations here- the house is small and fills up quickly!

The Frothy Monkey
Ask anyone in the city where you should eat, and every single person you talk to will say the Frothy Monkey! We actually started laughing by the end of the weekend because it was the answer every single time. It is a line of coffee shops that also serve a delicious and locally sourced menu; we had a combination of soups, salads, and sandwiches and not one of us had a bite left on our plate! It was so good and each shop is so unique (I think there are 5 locations) - and even if you just need a great cup of coffee, make sure to get it here!

Sloco
The owner of Sloco was a winner from "Chopped" and we got to meet him- such a funny and personable guy! And after eating there we could all easily see why he won the show- our sandwiches were amazing! It's a tiny restaurant nestled in 12 South (catty-corner to Draper James) and though you could easily miss it- you certainly don't want to! :) They have an extensive menu- perfect to fill up before a full afternoon of shopping or wine tasting (which is what we did after :) ).

Jenni's Ice Cream
Although Jenni's isn't only in Nashvile (from what I understand) it was the first time I ever tried it and boy was it delicious!! They had the most incredible, unique flavored (think ginger-cardimum & lemon-blueberry-ricotta) ice cream and each one tasted exactly like the flavors! I think we had the most fun just taste-testing everything!

5 Daughter's Bakery
Y'all! The doughnuts from this bakery are UNREAL! We did this one morning as a mid morning "snack" but ended up being stuffed and on and intense sugar-high from all this sweet goodness! We all got a bunch of different flavor and then just tried a bite of each other's... Yum!

The Southern
This was another, highly recommended, restaurant and again- we were not disappointed! Our table was split down the middle of whether to get the chicken and waffles or the bacon cheese-burger, so we each got one of the two and were in foodie heaven! They specialize in upscale southern soul-food, so come hungry and prepare to indulge! :)


There is so much to do to "play" in Nashville! Seriously everywhere you turn there is great music playing, a honky tonk, and a party to attend! These were our highlights from the weekend:

Draper James/12 South
Is it really a trip to Nashville without stopping by Reese Witherspoons store? Nope! I was so excited to see DJ in person and it was as full of southern charm, style, and grace as I expected! You get sweet tea while shopping and can enjoy perusing her timeless, southern style. Bonus: the "I believe in Nashville" mural is located right outside the store! #PhotoOpp

Arrington Vineyards
Created by Kix Brooks (of Brooks and Dunn), this winery was the one thing not on my hour-by-hour agenda, and it ended up being our favorite part of the entire trip! Located about 30 minuted from Nashville, it's a gorgeous & senic drive to get to the vineyards. Once there it's like being in Napa valley! Gorgeous rolling hills, stunning views... Y'all it's stunning! They have a few different areas to do wine tastings (spoiler: every single wine is amazing) and a barn which hosts live music on the lawn. We bought a bottle of wine, grabbed a spot on the grass, and listened to amazing bluegrass tunes! Seriously heavenly y'all- and my kind of happy place!

Franklin, TN
Franklin was another fun day trip that I highly reccomendation! The website says it is "Americas Main Street" and once you visit I am certain you will agree! Also located 30 minutes outside the city, it's another beautiful drive (I don't think there is anything in Nashville that isn't!) and a town filled with charming shops, yummy restaurants, and plenty of spots to stop and snap a pic!

Barry's Bootcamp
One of my girlfriends is a fitness instructor, so her one request was this hard workout class! We decided to do a 7am class so we could get our workout on early, and although we all moaned and groaned about getting up early it ended up being such a great way to start the day! It is a seriously challenging work out, a combination of strength and cardio, but the super sexy instructor (who flirts with all of the ladies!) gave all of us extra motivation!! Grab a smoothie at their smoothie shop and then explore the "Gulch" where you can find the angle wing mural and pose for another Instagram worthy shot :)!

Broadway
No visit to Nashville is complete without a night out on Broadway, the most honkey-tonk filled street in the country! Every bar there is playing pretty amazing music, so you can't go wrong with whichever one you pop into! I definitely recommend Tootsies (it's pretty famous!) although I will warn you it is usually packed wall-to-wall with people. So if you get claustrophobic be warned! But, both times I've been they've always had the best music on Broadway. If you're looking for a little bit wilder of a time, tequila cowboy is usually a fan favorite! It is three levels of dancin' - drinkin' - bull riding fun! (I think if Garth Brooks and Nelly had a love child of a club!! Ha)

Pinewood Social
My friend Haley (the coolest girl we all know) had heard of pinewood social and made it her request of the trip :) it was definitely a cool spot! There's an old fashioned bowling alley, a full restaurant, and a craft bar that makes some of the most delicious and unique cocktails. I kept saying that I didn't think I was cool enough to be there! But we had a great time! If you're looking for a fun, but more mellow evening, this is the perfect spot to be had! Trust me though, you will want to have your phone fully charged for all the pictures you will want to take inside! Best atmosphere!

If you made it to the end of the guide - you deserve a gold-star! I hope that this was a helpful format, and if there's anything I didn't cover, please feel free to leave me a comment below! Did I miss anything that I need to add to my list next time? Let me know!


9 comments

  1. What a fun trip! It looks like you were able to fit a lot in, and you all looked so cute. I definitely need to make a trip to Nashville soon!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random but I grew up outside of Nashville & it will always feel like coming home when I visit.
    Also, I grew up with the owner of 5 Daughters Bakery. They are such a sweet couple who are beautiful inside & out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We may be moving just outside of Nashville in 15 months (please, Army, pleasseeee), and this post has me SO excited! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO many adorable pictures, and it looks like you did a fabulous job with the planning! After living there 3 years and going back a lot since, these would all be things I would recommend! Nashville success!
    xoxo,
    Catherine
    www.classiccatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're making me want to plan a girls weekend trip somewhere, ASAP! Maybe even to Nashville :) I've only been there for a football weekend so it would be fun to experience from a different trip point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun trip! Nashville is definitely on my bucket list. I've been there once but it was literally for like a day so I didn't really get to explore. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO much fun! I've never been there, and it's high up on my list for U.S. cities to visit next! Definitely saving this post <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is like such a fun trip, I can not wait to head back to Nashville!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)