Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

On Embracing Confidence

Dress: c/o LulaRoe Pris and Julie (Instagram/Facebook) || Booties: Vince Camuto (almost exact) || Necklace: Kendra Scott || Clutch: BP (same clutch, different colors) || Apple Watch || Bangles: Bourbon & Bowties

If you've been reading this blog for awhile than you know that form-fitted and body-hugging styles are pretty much something not featured on here often. But as I get older (hiiiiii late-twenties) I've begun to embrace a new idea of body confidence that I've never had before. In the past year I've worked harder than probably ever before to lose those stubborn 10 pounds, fit the gym into my busy schedule, and eat healthy. And because it has literally taken sweat, time, & inevitable tears to look in the mirror and feel a sense of confidence - I'm working to embrace every curve I have and stop being afraid to show them off. 


I was initially timid when I first put on this LulaRoe Julia dress & I worried: would people think I needed to lose 10 more pounds before wearing it?! Did I have too much booty in it? But then I realized that the only one thinking negative thoughts about me, was ME! And I have the power to look in the mirror and see a girl who has worked hard in all aspects of her life, and I have the power to be proud of that girl! 

So ladies I encourage you, if you love a dress- buy it. If it pushes you out of your comfort zone- try it. And do it all with the confidence that you are one AMAZING woman! Now go shimmy and shake your way in the rest of this week :) 








Dress: c/o LulaRoe Pris and Julie (Instagram/Facebook) || Booties: Vince Camuto (almost exact) || Necklace: Kendra Scott || Clutch: BP (same clutch, different colors) || Apple Watch || Bangles: Bourbon & Bowties

{SHOP THE POST}


Linking up with the Trend Spin Link-up


13 comments

  1. That dress looks STUNNING on you!! Seriously girl you look flawless and Im thinking of that picture you shared on IG for NYE and you are gorgeous!! LOVE embracing every curve we have! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress looks amazing on you!!!! You've worked so hard, and you look so good, why not show it off a little!! Love this dress on you!! Good for you for looking at yourself in a new light, that's not easy to do!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod


    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing girl! I always love your smile and presence in your pictures. You can tell that you are comfortable and confident in yourself and it really shows! The print on this dress is fab btw

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one dress that you shouldn't ever lack the confidence to wear - it looks SO good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great reminder! I'm always super hard on myself which is why you almost never see me in tight fitting things either. But you look AMAZING and that dress is so gorgeous on you! You have such an electrifying smile too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is gorgeous and you look amazing! I still think that stuff when I wear a more form-fitting dress but girl, you're rocking this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look amazing. This is actually why I started my blog. I don't always feel comfortable in dresses because of them hugging my body but we need to step outside of our comfort zones. Happy 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to UT so I love seeing the campus in the background!
    You're rocking that dress, girl! You look great in those bright colors.
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress looks perfect on you! I love the pattern so much! You're following my mantra, which is that you can have low cut, short, or tight, but not more than one on a work day and only 2 of the 3 if you're going out! :)
    xoxo,
    Catherine
    www.classiccatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That mantra is PERFECT! :) Spoken like a true southern belle!

      Delete
  10. That is such a lovely bold dress and you look radiantly beautiful. Love your smile. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great point! I think of the last ten pounds as all the fun times I have spent with my friends and family, and am learning to embrace them more than ever before. You look GREAT in this dress, and don't need to lose a pound!

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that perspective! Thank you SO much for your sweet encouragement!!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)