Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

May Book Reviews


Woo- hoo! It's another fun day around here, because I'm sharing my May book reviews! I was able to read 4 great books this month and I'm sharing them all (plus my thoughts) with you below. I have a big trip to Vegas coming up next week so I'm hoping to get even more new books read to share with you next month- let's keep this bookworm thing going ;)



ONE TRUE LOVES || 5.0 out of 5.0
This is the kind of book that I didn't want to stop reading, and when it was finished I wanted to start it all over again! 

Emma and Jesse are high school sweethearts who live an adventurous and travel-filled life in California far from their small home town in Massachusetts. On the eve of their first wedding anniversary Jesse hops on a plane to the South Pacific and goes missing. Eventually Emma puts her life back together and meets someone new, when Jesse is found and comes back into her life. I can't say much more other than this... you NEED to read this book! It is a compelling and engrossing story that will leave you asking what you would do if put in the same situation. This is the kind of story that stays with you long after you are done reading it.

I plan on reading more books from this author- are there any you would recommend next?? 



PARTY GIRL || 3.5 out of 5.0
A light and breezy read, this book won't change your life (or make you think too deeply) but it is fun, fast, and the perfect beach read! The story follows Landon Brinkley, a sweet small-town Texas gal who moves to LA to purse her dreams of working for one of the top event planners in the city. However, underneath the glitz and glamour is a lot of drama and things at the company are not as sunny as they seem! Landon has to learn how to follow her dreams in a town that is totally different from where she is from- and have the confidence to follow her heart. 


THIS LIFE I LOVE || 3.5 out of 5.0
The love story between Joey & Rory Feek is pretty incredible, and going into reading this book I was so excited to learn more about it. I'll be honest though, this book took some serious time to get into. The first 1/3 of the book was all about Joey's background (childhood, parents, etc) and all I really wanted to know what how Rory met Joey and how they fell in love. But once you got to the love (& all the mushy stuff) it was so very sweet. And knowing the ending of their story makes you savor the tale. Not a light read, but definitely an interesting one!


LOVE THE ONE YOU'RE WITH || 5.0 out of 5.0
This book was totally a "cheat" of a book- because it's my 3rd time reading it! I'm a serial re-reader when it comes to books I love, so I pulled this one off the shelf and it was like hanging out with an old friend. 

The story follows Ellen and Andy who are just coming up on their perfect first year of marriage. One day, out of the blue, Ellen runs into her first love, Leo, on the street and it brings up questions & causes her to doubt what is right and true. It is a fascinating look into marriage and the questions that we may deal with as well as how to "love the one your with." This is one of my all-time favorite Emily Giffin books!

Don't miss my previous book reviews:

{READ MY MAY BOOKS}


Make sure to swing back by tomorrow- I've got another fun post ready for y'all!


7 comments

  1. Love this - I'm just about to make my summer reading list - I always read so much more in these warmer, lay out by the pool months! Adding Party Girl to the list right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews! The first one sounds fabulous. I will definitely be picking it up to read on vacay.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love book recommendations! I think it's because I don't get much from the back of the book, I like to hear if someone else liked it. I'm really intrigued by One True Loves, I may have to pick that one up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is seriously SO good!! I hope you LOVE it!

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing about One True Love everywhere! Definitely need to get my hands on a copy ASAP. Love your book reviews!

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with an Emily Griffin book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could get through 4 books a month but I need to up my game as I'm lucky if I finish one a month at the moment. I love reading so it is definitely something I need to take more time out for. Having just got back from LA I'm loving the sound of Party Girl so I will have download this one to my Kindle :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)