Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Stand Up to Cancer with Cabana Life

Rashguard: c/o Cabana Life || Bathing Suit: Target || Sunglasses: Target || Croakies: Simply Southern

Do y'all know what day it is?! (Besides Wednesday of course!) IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! There's just no way around it... this Florida girl is thrilled that my favorite season is here! Give me all of the long days, longer nights, summer parties, picnics, warm weather & ocean breezes... I'm pumped!

It's also why I felt like today was the perfect day to share some snaps from my sister weekend with you and our fun day at Madiera Beach! See, here's the thing, this girl can be really bad about not taking advantage of the fact that the beach is right down the street from me, and was in desperate need of a tan, so we packed up and decided that relaxing by the water was the only thing on our agenda! And boy did it feel good to do just that :)




The older I get though, the more I realize and understand the true importance of sun protection. My dad actually had some skin cancer removed a few years ago, which means I know my risk is even higher than average. But that's where Cabana Life comes to the rescue! Every piece of the Cabana Life line contains SPF50 protection- which means I can splash in the water and soak up the sun knowing that I'm protected! I was worried that being "spf" clothing would mean the fabric was stiff or uncomfortable- but this rashguard is literally SO comfy & basically as soft as my pjs! I loved wearing it on our beach adventure!

But my favorite part of the piece? That a portion of the proceed benefit Stand Up to Cancer which is raising awareness about sun protection and funding cancer research. Talk about a cause worth investing in! 



Don't forget to protect your lips too!



Rashguard: c/o Cabana Life || Bathing Suit: Target || Sunglasses: Target || Croakies: Simply Southern

Also friends, I wanted to share that tonight my favorite gal Sarah & I are hosting a fun event in celebration of "National Wear Your Lilly Day" (which is today!!). If you're local we would LOVE for you to stop by & join us at The Pink Palm for treats, sips, and 15% off your purchase! Get all the details below...


Have an awesome day friends!! XO


12 comments

  1. Growing up in Florida I am so with you on protecting your skin from the sun and from cancer - especially since when we were in high school and college it was "fun" to be by the water all day and at the pool with no sunscreen - what were we thinking! My dad has had two melanoma scares in his life with one happening just a few months ago and it's just not worth it for a little color!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that the rashguard supports a good cause! Enjoy your event tonight :) Wish I lived closer so I could come!

    Kristin
    stripesandsangria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a good clothing item that supports a good cause! Have fun tonight - definitely share some IG stories - wish I lived closer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome line! This is perfect to throw on when you're spending the whole day at the beach and want some extra protection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to all of this! I never understood the importance of sunscreen until I got older and now I reapply constantly and only buy lipbalm with sunscreen. It's super important here in FL too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cause! Rash guards are so great for protection against those harmful rays, and this one is too cute!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous line! I too never thought of the importance of practicing safe sun until I was older, and I hope there wasn't too much damage done. Cheers to our favorite season <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute-I really want one of these swim shirts so great!

    Happy Sumer, girlie!--Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great brand! Protecting your own skin while also raising money and awareness for cancer! Win win! These photos are great!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer definitely calls out for more skin protection so this was very helpful.

    xx,
    Abby
    www.juleavenue.com

    Our Blog
    Shop Here

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE this mission and post, Gentry! It's so important to fight cancer when we're in the sun and glad that Cabana Life supports this great cause. It's also so important to get annual skin checks!

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)