Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

March Book Reviews


Happy Wednesday and welcome to my newest round of book reviews! Unfortunately I totally fell off the wagon in February, but I'm so glad I was able to get back in action this month and read some new books! Just like in previous months, I'm giving my honest reviews of the books and whether or not I'd recommend them to you! For context, I tend to lean towards lighthearted "chic lit" but do enjoy a good mystery or thriller from time to time if the story is compelling! :) 

Alright, lets get started...!


SOUTHERN CHARM || 4.0 out of 5.0
I devoured this book! As I mentioned above, I'm a big fan of "chick lit" so this book was right in my wheelhouse. This tale follows Minty, a southern belle from Charleston who dreams of working in fashion in NYC, so after a big breakup she moves to the city to purse her dreams- but nothing is as easy for Minty in NYC as it was back in Charleston. The book follows her romantic & career trials and tribulations- and all the fun she has along the way!

An easy and quick read- you will fly thought this book! I read it cover to cover on my last plane ride to New York, but think it's also the perfect beach read! Light, fluffy and still a fun story- you'll love it :) BONUS: Tinsley Mortimer (the author) will be on this season of the real Housewives of NYC!


A DOG'S PURPOSE || 3.5 out of 5.0
Grab the tissues friends, you will need them handy for this one! This book is written through the eyes of the dog, and goodness it is just the sweetest. You get to see the feelings & journeys that our dogs go on (and their unconditional love for us)! It's hard to say too much without giving the story away- so I will just say that I really enjoyed this book (even if I did SOB reading it!) :)


Another light-hearted read, in this book we meet Quinn, who left her fiancee at the alter after finding out he was cheating (his brother tips her off) and she runs off with his brother! 10 years later, she is single and stuck in the rut of her daily errands and small town life. Once day, out of the blue, her fiancee and his brother return to town and the real story begins! 

I will be honest, it took me about 100 pages to get into this story (the start was pretty slow), but once it really began moving I was into it! I do think some of the storylines could have been a little better developed, but I liked how the author really tackled Quinn's feelings about her first big love and the hot/cold emotions she battled even after learning of his cheating. As a girl's who's been in a similar situation so many of her thoughts and feelings resonated with me and made the story take on a deeper meaning. This is definitely a great beach read!

{SHOP THE POST}


Don't miss my previous book reviews:

PS- Congratulations to Rachael A. who won my Laura Cox Designs giveaway! I'm so happy so many of you love her creative designs as much as I do! Thank you so much for reading along & making this little space on the internet so much fun :)


12 comments

  1. I don't think I could stand to read A Dog's Purpose. I get way too emotional! I'll have to check out the other ones though!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Southern Charm is definitely next on my to read list! I definitely couldn't read A Dog's Purpose. I can't even watch the previews without crying! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved A Dog's Purpose! I know it's a real tear jerker, but the story is so sweet. I never made it to the movie, but I still want to see it. Southern Charm sounds like a good beach read. Thanks for the reviews!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am adding the southern charm to my list! Actually, all of your pics sound really good!-Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I definitely need to add Southern Charm to my list! Have you read New Money yet about the girl from Charleston who moves to NYC? If not - you'll love it ;-)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. As obsessed with my pup as I am I need to read a dog's purpose! Southern Charm is on my iPad waiting for me to read - I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, A Dog's Purpose! I walk by stores and see that all the time! I'll have to definitely pick it up now... and Southern Charm-- well, I'm going to Charleston soon, so that could be a good flight read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charleston & NY are two of my favorite cities, so it was fun to read a book that mentioned them both! It's a perfect plane read :) Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  8. I read southern charm on my honeymoon 4 years ago and loved it!! Going to check out beth's book for sure! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could not for the life of me remember who recommended Cancel the Wedding to me, but then I figured out it was you - so THANK YOU! I loved it so much.

    Adding Southern Charm to my list! xoxo

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a good chick lit too so these books would be right up my street. I really like the sound of A Dog's Purpose for something a bit different to read :) x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)