Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Not So Mellow Yellow

Dress: LulaRoe Carly Dress via Shop Simply Stylish by LulaRoe (request to join and you'll get accepted to shop!) || Sandals: Palm Beach Sandals || Sunglasses: Target || Apple Watch || Necklace: c/o Stella & Dot (similar)

As y'all know, yellow is definitely THE color of the season for me! Something about this sunny shade is just so, well "summer" and makes me cheerful and happy each time I put it on. I'm also a huge fan of easy, swingy dresses that are lightweight (I mean in this summer heat I will take any refreshing feel that I can get)!

The funny thing about this dress is I kind of refused it at first. My aunt and I were finishing up blog pictures recently when she asked me to style a few pieces for her LulaRoe business. Well it had been a HOT one out there when we were shooting and the minute I put this dress on, I refused to take it off- it was that comfy! Seriously, it was like a breath of fresh air putting it on :) At first, I thought the color wasn't right for me, but once it was on it just made me happy, happy. Word to the wise on sizing though: make sure to size down- this dress runs 1-2 sizes big (I'm wearing an XS).






Dress: LulaRoe Carly Dress via Shop Simply Stylish by LulaRoe (request to join and you'll get accepted to shop!) || Sandals: Palm Beach Sandals || Sunglasses: Target || Apple Watch || Necklace: c/o Stella & Dot (similar)

Who else is excited that this is a 4-day work week?! (This girl!) I definitely enjoyed the Memorial Day holiday and now I'm already ready to speed ahead to the next weekend :) 


14 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that yellow dress!! Looks so cute on you + that pattern is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow is definitely one of your colors girl! Love the fit on you and it's such a great pattern! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for having a crush on this color! You look amazing in it!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope you had a great MDW! You know I love yellow too-Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely and bright is that yellow?? I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so beautiful in this dress! Love thew bright yellow!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love yellow - always perfect to brighten up a summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, so cute! I've been hesitant to try Lularoe. I'm not really one to jump on bandwagons quickly. Some of the patterns are crazy! But I do love a great cotton dress! It's so easy to throw one on in the summers. Goodness knows this Florida girl refuses to wear pants after May 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be honest, it's not a brand in which I love everything (or every print), but if you pick and choose your pieces carefully there are some real winners! :) Plus- the material is so comfy!

      Delete
  9. I always hesitate on certain colors to try on, but I've found to just try them on and I've been missing out! Haha! You look gorgeous in yellow!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is my favorite of yours to date. Love the yellow and print!

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get enough of that print. You look so glowing and happy with this dress on!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. L-O-V-E that dress!!!!!

    www.lacaleya.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This mustard floral Carly dress is beautiful on you Gentry. Your poses are so cute!

    I host a style linkup every Thursday and would love for you to share your latest posts. You have great style. Link is below.

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2017/06/thursday-moda-66-cold-shoulder-dresses.html

    Ada =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)