Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Taking Time to Just Soak Up the Sun

Top: Cat & Jack // Shorts: Old Navy // Sandals: c/o Oka-B // Tote Bag: Barrington Gifts // Sunglasses: Target // Apple Watch

Hey Friends! I'm so sorry that I didn't have today's post live on Monday. This past weekend was wonderful (like so, so good!) but sleep definitely wasn't a priority so by Sunday night I was exhausted from going, going, going and I feel asleep so early! Sometimes you just need to check out of "life" and go have fun, you know?! 

Lately I've been feeling seriously overwhelmed & I need to take this time to enjoy the sunshine, good friends and memory-making. Between work (lots of early mornings and late nights), co-chairing the new member class of the Junior League, and keeping up with the blog, (not to mention my social life & travel!) there just haven't been enough hours in the day! I'm definitely not complaining, as I've mentioned I thrive on being busy, but even I can see that I've been busier than usual and it's starting to take a toll on my energy level. Can any of y'all feel me?? 

Any who... I didn't mean to dive so deep today, but sometimes I think it's nice for y'all to know that there's a very "real" person behind all these sunshine-filled pictures! I'm so thankful for this busy, wonderful life I live but it's certainly not perfect! If you have any great tips on balance (or getting more hours in your day) let me know :) ha.









Top: Cat & Jack // Shorts: Old Navy // Sandals: c/o Oka-B // Tote Bag: Barrington Gifts // Sunglasses: Target // Apple Watch

{SHOP THE POST}


Hope y'all have a great start to your week!

Linking Up with the Trend Spin Linkup


13 comments

  1. You have so much going on! So glad that you were able to catch up on some sleep. You look adorable!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a busy girl! Never feel guilty about taking time for yourself! Sleep and family time have been taking priority for me too lately, and I haven't once regretted skipping a blog post! ;) You look adorable as always. This top is too cute!
    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that monogrammed Barrington bag - they have such cute things. I also totally feel you about priorities, I've reduced to 2 blog posts some weeks, and I feel like I have so much time back!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how you manage to balance it all, and still be a beautiful ray of sunshine! You're rockin' it gurlie, and love love love that Cat & Jack top <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balance is so hard to find, isn't it? Some days I feel really frazzled, and then others are downright boring. I totally agree that sometimes you just need a break and enjoy the sunshine.
    I love that tote bag! It's so fun that you can customize it all different ways. It'd be hard to find someone with the exact same bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute top! And I love the monogrammed bag. I totally understand how you feel about the balance. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I always see that "Beyonce has the same amount of hours in the day as you" thing, but she has like 15 people helping her. Sometimes you just have to take a break and relax!

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look is just too cute and I love all the bright colors! That top is just adorable, and it looks perfect for humid weather that I know is coming soon to my area!

    Virginia | More to Mrs. E

    ReplyDelete
  8. This top is so darling, I can't wait to be on the boat this summer. I feel ya about being stressed out, now that my finals are over I feel like I can finally relax.
    Xo, Kelsey | www.petiteinherpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just need to take a little break and enjoy life. I totally feel you there! Especially right now when the weather is amazing in FL, how can you not want to be outside enjoying it?! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so feel ya on just needing a few days to relax and unwind!! Living in the sunshine state is just perfect for soaking up the sun! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, So busy, but it all sounds so wonderful. I really love everything about this look! Your top is so pretty and I am pretty sure I am ordering that bag ASAP! Beautiful as always Gentry!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This bag is truly my favorite- so many pockets and ways to customize it! You will adore it!

      Delete
  12. It's good that you get to enjoy the weather. What a cute casual outfit this ensemble is! Love that fun tote, as well!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)