Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Five Tips for Planning a Stress-Free Girl's Trip


Happy Friday Friends! I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to share today's post- in fact I've been working on it for awhile so yay for finally getting it to you!! :) 

One of my favorite things in the world are the girl's trips that I take each year. When we graduated college, my best friends and I (there are about 12 of us total) decided to make it a yearly tradition to take a trip together. Although we now are girlfriends, wives, mothers, businesswomen, entrepreneurs, and more, each year we prioritize these trips together! To make it less-stressful each year we rotate who plans the trip- and last October it was my turn. I learned A LOT about how to plan a trip and manage your stress - because if you stress the whole time, you miss all the fun! So in the spirit of sharing my learnings, today I'm spilling 5 tips for a stress-free girl's trip!


ONE || Ask for Input From Your Girls
This one tip seriously saved me SO much stress in the planning process! Although you may be the "official planner" it's important to remember that it's everyone's trip and each lady is taking time out of her life to be there. So when I started working on our Nashville itinerary I reached out to my girls and asked them what they wanted to do and if there were and requests of places to go/things to do. I got so many great ideas (making it easier to put our schedule together) AND when we got there everyone was comfortable our plans because they all had a say from the beginning. 

Charleston, SC 2011

TWO || Make a Plan
Let me preface this by saying, I'm a little OCD (and I acknowledge that!) but making a concrete plan helps the process so much! If you leave everything to a "we will figure it out when we get there" mentality then you will miss out on so much to do in your city - because you will spend your time trying to get 10 girls to agree on what to do! But, when you give people a plan they tend to follow along :) And remember Tip #1... they've already had an input into it! 

I actually made an hourly plan for Nashville, and was able to map out each and everything that the girls wanted to do. It's was so helpful to lay out a daily plan and see how everything was going to fit together. I also sent the itinerary out ahead of time so the gals could give it a once over in case there were any last-minute changes. You know what they say, "If you fail to plan you plan to fail!" :)

Nashville, TN 2016

THREE || Be Flexible
Alright, this kind of flies in the face of Tip #2, but one of the most important things you can do is stay flexible once you're on your trip. Inevitably someone is going to want to do something that wasn't on the agenda, or a great opportunity is going to come up- and friends, seize the moment!! Some of our most memorable experiences were the unexpected ones (like driving 30 minutes outside Nashville to Arrington Vineyards where we had the most beautiful afternoon ever!). So as fabulous as a plan is, don't miss out on the memories you could be making by embracing the unplanned moments!

Asheville, NC 2015

FOUR || Don't Be Afraid to Ask Questions
An important part of planning your trip is making sure you know the ins-and-outs of where you're going and what you're doing. So make sure you call the hot-spot restaurant and ask about reservations, ask the vineyard how quickly their tastings fill up, or ask your air BNB the "rules" of the home. Nothing is worse than getting your girls to a restaurant/location and finding out that you can't get in/hours are wrong/etc. So don't be afraid to find out ahead of time!

Nashville, TN 2016

FIVE || Have Fun! 
This may be a pretty unspoken tip, but the best thing you can do to stay stress-free? Have fun! Remember that you are there to make lifelong memories with your best friends, so embrace each and every moment, let go, and just HAVE FUN! :)

University of Florida Graduation, 2010

Trust me, these girl's weekends are SO good for the soul and strengthen your friendships and refuel and revitalize the heart. They are so worth the time and planning and I'm incredibly thankful for these wonderful friends in my life!

So, do you have any trips coming up soon??


7 comments

  1. Love how close you are with all your girl friends - I've been on a couple girls trips and I think being flexible is key!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so blessed to have such a tight-knit and organized group of ladies in your life! I feel like just having a plan for an annual get-together is like 90% of the battle to stay in touch and actually see each other. So fun!
    xoxo,
    Classic Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you 100% on the making a plan part! The vacations that frustrate me the most are the ones where there are no plans and we end up wasting half the day & miss out on doing different things. I love that y'all get input from each other from the get go so that everyone gets a say in the plan. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great girl trip tips! I definitely think being flexible is key especially when things don't always go to plan.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great tips, thanks for this. I love tyhe ohoto of you and all your friends. You are all a stylish bunch, too. =)

    I also welcome you to check out my blog and I would love for you to join my new linkup from this week. It is a special linkup too - a celebration. Welcome by!

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2017/02/thursday-moda-52-one-year-celebration_22.html

    Thanks and enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so lovely that you and your friends prioritise your trip together each year and it seems like you have a great group of friend :) I haven't done anything like this before but maybe it's time to start a new tradition and suggest a group trip with some of my friends too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these tips! Recognized that vineyard in Nashville — so much fun! I love going on trips with my gals.

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)