Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Organize Me Monday: Style Notebook (part 1)


Friends, today I am going to let you into a special little part of my organized world, my style notebook!

First, a little backstory... This notebook started when I was in high school. I was a voracious reader of Lucky magazine (and still am) and loved tons of outfits in each issue. But the more issues I received the more the magazines I had stacking up. So, I started to think of ways to keep outfits I loved without taking up the space used by stacks of magazines and thus my Style Notebook was born! What started as 1/2" binder has now grown to a 2" mammoth book that is bursting at the seams! 

So why do I keep this notebook? What's the point? 

For me, I use this notebook as a constant source of inspiration. I look though these pages on a weekly (and sometimes daily) basis and am constantly inspired to re-mix my closet and try new combinations. I also find that I am often drawn to a very consistent style of clothes (classic, girly, preppy) and so it helps me focus my shopping to see what I am drawn too and keeps me from buying things that don't fit my aesthetic. Sometimes I purchase the exact items I cut out, but many other times I use them to spark an idea when styling myself in the morning.

Here is a peak inside the pages...


Love this fun party outfit (makes the perfect cover)!

The very first picture I ever tore out of Lucky... and an outfit I still love! This is the pic that started it all :)

I'm constantly falling in love with the looks in my Vineyard Vines catalogues, I have a whole section of the book devoted to looks from VV!

A sampling of the variety of pages in my book

Loved this shirt so much I now have one hanging in my closet :)
To find out where I store all the ideas this book conjures up, tune in next Monday for part 2 of "Organize-me Monday"! 

post signature

4 comments

  1. Gentry- your blog is too cute! I love the style notebook! And is your coffee wearing a tutu??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! And yes... it is wearing a tutu- I couldn't resist! :)

      Delete
  2. The style notebook is such an inspirational idea, not only for fashion, but recipes, home decorating, crafts,etc....... I love when thought (left brain) meets creativity (right brain)! TYJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this book and idea behind it. I used to have stacks of magazines piling up, too. They took way too much space and were quite heavy. You found the perfect idea what to do with them. Lucky Style is one of my favorites too, along In Style and People Style Watch. =)

    I even more adore the photo of you. You look cozy and happy in your outfit with your elegant striped coffee mug who is a girl (I'ms assuming) with her black tulle skirt lol. And the tree behind you is so pretty.

    Yours is a fairly new blog and I discover new blogs daily but I am seriously falling in love with your blog, style and aesthetic. Please let's support one-another by following. Thanks, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)