All the pieces working together look like the below:
Step 1- Be Inspired.
I go through my style binder and get inspired by the outfits I see. Oftentimes I am reminded of similar pieces I have in my closet and I think of how I can put together a similar look.
![]() |
| Looking through my book of pics |
I record my outfit ideas here:
![]() |
| My style notebook- where my ideas live! |
![]() |
| A peek inside my list of ideas- I write down the exact pieces in my closet and how I would make an outfit with them |
Step 3- Create a Wish list.
As I am out shopping and I see things I love, I will jot them down in my notebook, that way I can go back later and remember those things I love and want to purchase. Sometimes I get really specific (saw it in a certain store, know the size and price) and other times I write down more generic ideas because I know pieces I want but haven't found the exact ones yet. I also get ideas as I go though my notebook for pieces that I would love, but aren't yet a part of my wardrobe.
Hard at work on the notebook- This is my perfect Saturday morning!
![]() |
| Style Notebook in action! |
I hope that giving you a peek into my organization system inspires you to create one of you own. I'm really excited to wrap up this series next week when I show you how to adapt this system to other areas of your life- you won't want to miss the fun!






You inspire me, Gentry! To take an idea from high school and fly with it as you have, is amazing! TYJ
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet!
Delete