Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Sunday Scripture


 **Due to Hurricane Irma, this post was pre-scheduled!**

Friends, it has been a LONG week. Preparing for Hurricane Irma has been a stressful, scary, and humbling experience.  

As I think y'all know, I live on the Gulf Coast of FL (where the storm is currently projected to have a much greater impact) and I am in an "A" evacuation zone & a "B" flood zone. This basically means that I had a mandatory evacuation on Friday and if the storm surges are more than 8 feet my apartment could end up underwater (I'm on the first floor). It is so hard to think about and process the destruction and devastation this storm could bring to my beloved city and state! {Also, in full disclosure it is really hard to think about losing all your "stuff"- as meaningless as it is, it does make you sad!}

But during this time, I have found that the only way to find peace is to truly bury myself in the Lord and trust that his hands have me in it. I've been praying non-stop for my precious state and praying that when this is all over, as long as my family & friends are safe, that is all that truly matters. 

Thank y'all so much for your kind messages, notes, DMs, texts, and prayers! They have all been felt and are so appreciated. I will keep y'all updated as I can.

Love y'all!


4 comments

  1. Praying for your safety Gentry ! The dear Lord will protect. Please know that so many of us in the State of Nebraska are praying hard ! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means the world to me and all the Florida residents <3 thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. So glad that you got out. It is such a devastating storm. Praying that your apartment is ok. No one is able to prepare for that. Lots of love from Georgia!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you!! Hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)