Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Recent Market Trips: JCK Las Vegas and AmericasMart Atlanta

Arriving at the Mandaly Bay for JCK Las Vegas show!

I've been lucky enough to go on some really fun buying trips for work lately, and although I've been sharing the trips on Instastories I know that that isn't everyone's cup of tea, so I thought it would also be fun to share more about those travel experiences here too! 

Unfortunately, one of the first rules at these shows is that you cannot take pictures in the exhibits/halls (without permission from the vendor) - so unfortunately I don't have nearly as many photos as I would like! But I hope that these small glimpses into my day job give you even more insight into what I do and how I find product for my lines. 

PS- if you're wondering what it is I do (I'm a jewelry buyer!) you can learn more about it in this post!


First up, JCK Las Vegas which was a market at the beginning of June. So for me, the JCK show revolves around meeting with mostly my current vendors since they are all in one place. Many of my vendors are overseas in Italy, Turkey, and China, so having them all in one show makes it so helpful for us to work with them. Of course there is always the possibility of discovering new brands and lines (I did find a few) but this trip was really focused on developing the relationships & brands that I already have. This is a very structured trio for us- we have 4-5 appointments each day and them walked the show in between each meeting to see who else was there. Let's just say I had no problem hitting my 10,000 steps each day!

Dinner with a view- 60 stories up!!

Do you see the pretty new addition to my stack? Sparkle coming soon!

A fun dinner with my boss (center) and other Associate Buyer, Marybeth! We are a fun team :)

In mid-July I traveled to Atlanta for the AmericasMart Gifts Show. We didn't have a single appointment or agenda- our sole purpose was finding NEW! And boy did we! Every corner we turned had a new brand, product, invention, and line that excited us and invigorated us! (The free margaritas and gelato helped too) ;) But in all honesty, I walked away from this show feeling so grateful, that I get to work in a career I am deeply passionate about and find these amazing brands and have the ability to launch them on a national stage! I love retail y'all! I was also able to connect with brands that I personally buy & love as well as a few that I work with here on the blog and it was so wonderful to be able to make that personal connection with them. While social media & the Internet are amazing- nothing beats that personal interaction! 


Some of my Sweet Team from Oka-B, who I've been lucky enough to work with here on the blog for TWO years! "The Gentry" shoe is even coming this fall! :)

An amazing new product we're bringing in and the most hilarious & savvy woman I've ever met!

Meeting 1/3 of the amazing Jadelynn Brooke Team!


Another fabulous new brand coming soon- Teleties!

I hope you enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at my work travel life! I am immensely grateful to have a job that I love so much & getting to share this peek into it with you is such a treat! :)

Linking up with the Trend-Spin Linkup.




10 comments

  1. All these pics look super fun! I love your outfits!
    Have an awesome day,
    xx Kris

    https://dreamingofpink.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a fun and productive trip. The pink lace pants look really cute!
    http://tresfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cool and fun job! I'm totally loving your drop waist dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I am heading to check out your post with more about your job.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like such an awesome experience — I think you have such a cool career! I love your outfits :]

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this post! First, you are always the cutest, love every look! Second, I'm a retail girl and I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How Fun! Thanks for sharing and joining in on the Style File Link Up today!!

    -Karen
    http://LadyinViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gentry, your outfits are so adorable! Love the first two dresses!!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first dress is so cute and it sounds like life lately has been quite great!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such gorgeous photos of a great trip Gentry. How fun is the pineapple car and I love your Lilly dress. Also your lace pants outfit is so feminine and chic. Lastly, I own this little orange dress too and I have yet to wear it, shame on me. My daughter has the soft pink version too. You look gorgeous in yours and I love that long flower necklace, fun!

    Welcome by Thursday and linkup with me beautiful lady! <3 Ada.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)