Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Introducing: Tashmopolitan Couture + Choosing Community

Tee: Target (on sale for $6!) || Skirt: gifted Tashmopolitan Couture (follow Tasha on Instagram here) ||  Sandals: Palm Beach Sandals || Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne || Apple Watch with this band || Bangles: Bourbon and Bowties

Oh friends, I have so much of my heart to share with you today!

Let's start from the beginning... blogging can be a lonely hobby. When I first started Girl Meets Bow I didn't know anyone else who had a blog or even was local to the area. As much as I loved this little space of mine, for a girl who thrives being around people, it was hard to pour so much effort into a solo venture. 

And then I slowly started making "e-friends" (other bloggers who weren't local!) and a community started to form. And as I spent time growing these relationships, I found myself getting re-inspired and re-invigored each day I sat down to work on the blog! See the amazing thing was, the more I supported and encouraged others, the more I found myself inspired. 




In the past year, my local blogging community has blossomed and it has been the best thing to ever happen to Girl Meets Bow (and me)! I'm a strong believer that being good & kind never goes out of style and that there is room for all of us at the top. So growing these friendships, brainstorming new posts, strategizing campaigns with these gals- it's breathed new life into GMB. I find myself racing to get home each night and work- only now I can share ideas with these lovies and we encourage and inspire each other! Community makes all the difference y'all!



One of the amazing e-friendships I've been able to make is with Tasha, of Tashmopolitan Couture. We both share a life-long love of Lilly- and we figured out we even went to the same elementary school! Tasha is crazy-talented and makes custom pieces from Lilly fabrics- like this skirt I'm wearing today. She's the sweetest gal ever- and loves to brighten people's day with her talented skills! I'm so thankful for this community I've built- it's really the best!

Tee: Target (on sale for $6!) || Skirt: gifted Tashmopolitan Couture (follow Tasha on Instagram here) ||  Sandals: Palm Beach Sandals || Necklace: Kendra Scott Rayne || Apple Watch with this band || Bangles: Bourbon and Bowties

I'm headed home from NYC tonight- but I'm only home for 24 hours before I'm off again... yippee!


4 comments

  1. I have to say the group of friends that I have made blogging has been the best and biggest surprise!! Such a lovely skirt and great to support a friend! xo, Biana- BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for e-friends who share a love of Lilly! Love love love this skirt, hope you're enjoying the city <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree that there is room for everyone and it's great to share ideas and work together on projects. It's just a shame that not everyone feels the same way and there are people out there waiting to bring others down. In the end though, it's always the ones that stay lovely that come out on top :) Love this skirt and the colours in in, it's just so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not agree more! Community is everything. Just talking with another creative is enough to make me feel inspired to make my blog better! I love the community over competition movement!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)