Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Love Thy Neighbor: Hurricane Harvey Resources and Relief Efforts


Well friends, this week has been a heavy one for me- so many emotions! First, I cannot thank you enough for the outpouring of support on this instagram post. Hurricane Harvey has been so very heavy on my heart (as a Floridian who has lived through my fair share of hurricanes I know how devastating these storms are- and I haven't even had the experiences that they are going through in Texas). It just didn't seem right to keep talking about dresses and sales without acknowledging that there is a national disaster happening in our country- as asking myself how I could help. Y'all moved me to tears with your kind & heartfelt responses- I'm blown away by your hearts to give, serve, and love our neighbors! Thank you for inspiring me even more!

So, with that said, many of y'all asked how you could help and what was needed. I am by no means an expert, so I rounded up some phenomenal lists of resources & needs from both local residents & national organizations. I also have been blown away by the companies & local women who have stepped up and are donating a portion (or ALL) of their proceeds to the Hurricane Harvey disaster relief funds, so I rounded up a list of these items for you as well! 

Resources & Relief Efforts (Listing):



The Fancy Ashley (local blogger)

Adored By Alex (local blogger)

There are 6 Texas families who have been displaced and need help- this is a chance to directly support a family in need.

Purchases that Give Back:

My favorite, Lilly Pulitzer is donating 100% of their proceeds from the "Lilly Love Texas Tee" (in white or gray) to Hurricane Harvey. In addition, on Sept. 2, 15% if all in-store sales will be donated to the Red Cross. That's amazing!

Magnolia "Texas Forever" Tee- Love Fixer Upper? They are donating 100% of the proceeds from this tee to relief efforts through Sept 30th

Vineyard Vines "Texas Flag Tee"- VV is donating all proceceeds from the sale of their Texas tees to Hurricane Harvey

P.I.N.K. (People in Need of Kindness)- Dorothy is donating 100% of her proceeds for the next 2 weeks to relief efforts

Through Thursday (8/31) Brittneigh is donating ALL of her proceeds from her make-up sales to the Red Cross.

Jen is donating 20% of her sales through Sept 30th to the Dallas Dog RRR which is taking in pets displaced by the Hurricane.

Lucy's Inspired is donating all of their proceeds through the end of the week to relief efforts.

10% of the profits from these Y'allsome tees support foster children in Houston.

Love these "Houston Rise" products- 100% of proceeds will be donated to JJ Watts fundraiser.

Britt Ryan is donating a % of all proceeds Sept 3-10th to Houston.

For $30 you can purchase a Jadelynn Brooke "happy" backpack and they will fill it with school supplies and hand-deliver it to a child in need.

I would love to continue to grow this list, so if you know of any amazing nonprofits to add or other products that are giving back please let me know!

Please know how humbled & inspired I am by each one of you- y'all are amazing and continually show me that we are so much stronger together!

#PrayforTexas


10 comments

  1. Thank you for rounding up all these links...It's hard to know where to try to lend a helping hand first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great roundup of resources Gentry! My heart is breaking for the people of Texas, and I cannot imagine the effort that it will take to rebuild after this devastation.
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Gentry.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your IG!! Glad you shared all this - you hear ways to help then forget what they were and where you heard them - nice to have it all in a spot here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your instagram post was on point! Floridians can empathize so well. This is a really nice post, because most people want to do something but don't know how!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet that you rounded up ways to help--that are legitimate too--keeping Texas and all affected in my continued thoughts and prayer.

    Thanks Gentry,

    Katelyn/www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon Wish List also has several organizations that you can give to and provide essentials at the same time such as the Texas Diaper Relief Fund and several others. It really has been awe-inspiring the amount of individuals from all over the United States who have found one way or another to lend a helping hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the additional information! Love that Amazon is making it so easy to make a difference!

      Delete
  8. My heart breaks for the people of Houston! Such worthy causes to donate to - thanks for sharing the word! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for gathering these info. Gotta share this to my friends.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)