Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Workweek Chic: Black Lace + A Life Update!

White Tunic Top: Lush (on sale for $27!) || Lace Pants: J. Crew Factory || Wedges: J. Crew Factory || Purse: Kate Spade (option here & here- both on sale!) || Necklace: Stella & Dot (similar) || Apple Watch || Bangle: Kate Spade

Happy March y'all!! I can't believe that we are already three months into the year- time keeps on flying! I'm pretty excited because it's my birthday month - only 9 more days!

I feel like I owe y'all a little bit of a life update- it's been way too long since we caught up. As y'all know, I work full time in corporate retail as an Associate Jewelry Buyer, and with the tough retail environment right now, my job has literally been insane! I've been leaving work at 8 every night and eating, sleeping, and breathing jewelry to try and boost our business. I also accepted a volunteer position as co-chair of membership development for the Junior League (or leading our new member class) which has been taking lots of time and energy. On top of that, I'm chairing a committee for my local Heart Gallery's Fundraiser Gala "Flock to the Trop" (they help foster children find forever homes- a cause very close to my heart). Whew- are you tired yet? Because I sure am!

So why am I telling you all this?!


Well, because I love this blog and I love creating new content for it. I'm so thankful for the connections I've formed with you and I feel incredibly lucky that each of you chooses to spend some time in your day here with me! And I want to continue to bring you quality & thoughtful content, and I can't do that if I'm trying to deliver a daily post. So, for at least the next month, I'm going to scale back to three posts a week (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) in order to make sure I'm delivering the best possible content to you. I hope that after this month things may slow down some and I can pick up the posting schedule, but until then I wanted to be honest about what y'all can expect (and how often!). What do you think?



So, now on to this workweek chic look! I actually took this outfit on a test run to the office last week, and the word that kept coming up was "chic." There is something so undeniably classic about black and white- it's always in style! But rather than the traditional which shirtdress & black dress pants, a breezy tunic and lace pants amp this up and keep is classic with a twist! (Although several people did ask me where my color was!) That's why I think popping this look with a red back is the perfect touch! It brings in that bright pop of color without taking away from those retro B&W vibes :)





White Tunic Top: Lush (on sale for $27!) || Lace Pants: J. Crew Factory || Wedges: J. Crew Factory || Purse: Kate Spade (option here & here- both on sale!) || Necklace: Stella & Dot (similar) || Apple Watch || Bangle: Kate Spade

{SHOP THE POST}


Finally, today is my mom's birthday!! I'm so thankful for her kindness, compassion, and deep love for us. We are so lucky to have her in our lives! Love you mom & hope you have the BEST day!


10 comments

  1. Wow! You are crazy busy! I always admire the bloggers that work full time and blog at the same time. I also think it is wonderful that you still find time to volunteer for such a wonderful organization like the Junior League. You look fabulous in this work ensemble girl!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that when you wear black & white to work, people ask you where your color is! & dang girl, you've got a lot on your plate! Sounds like working in a few posts during the week rather than one every day is an ideal plan for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this classic look! Your life sounds so exciting and fun right now! I switched to less posts at the beginning of the year and it's so much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Lush tunics are the best! And LOVE those pants! So chic and fun! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also love a life update! Girl, I cannot believe all the things you find time to do. It's an inspiration! I love those lace pants so much. Chic indeed!
    xoxo,
    Classic Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pants! Keep rocking it girl, and congrats on all the exciting things going on in your life!
    Stephanie
    http://asparkleinthesuburbs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute work look! I live in my Lush top and want to get another color while it's on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I very like it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute look! I understand completely on the crazy work schedule - volunteering. I scaled back and it made all the difference!

    Zelle
    Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow it sounds like you have been super busy recently and it can be so difficult trying to juggle everything! I love this outfit though and it is definitely very chic :) I hope you have a lovely birthday and I hope your mum did too and hopefully things will start to calm down for you soon x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)