Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Bridging the Gap


Ever had so much anticipation about something that your literally jumping for joy by the time it finally gets here? Yep, that's how I feel about today's post! And trust me y'all... you are going to want to read all the way to the end because the story I'm about to share is both inspiring AND chill inducing!

A few months ago, one of my FB blogging communities asked for millennial influencers who wanted to participate in a groundbreaking campaign called, "Bridging the Gap." I loved the premise of the campaign, which partnered millennial and mid-life influencers to "bridge the gaps" between us & show how much stronger we are as women, bloggers, and a community when we come together and choose to see similarities instead of differences. Little did I know what an amazing experience it would be!


With further ado, I'm just thrilled to introduce you to the amazing woman who is my partner in this campaign, Colette Lucchetti of Styled Comfort- get ready to be inspired! Colette had loved reading blogs & getting fashion inspiration, but on vacation about a year ago she realized that there were not a lot of blogs that catered to or were run by women over 50. She also had a unique outlook on fashion, since she had suffered from arthritis since the age of 36- so it was very important that she not only look great but that her choices would also allow her comfort. Taking all these factors into consideration, Colette launched Styled Comfort as a resource to mid-life ladies who are also seeking comfort AND style and is proving with every post that both are possible! 


What was really fun about connecting with Colette (besides our shared love of style and blogging!) was that we both have intense "day jobs" so we seek blogging as a create reprieve from our "daily grind" if you will :) Colette blew me away when she told me that she is an Assistant Controller for a Toxicology Company in Northern California- my dad is in accounting too so I know how demanding that job is! Also, kudos to this awesome woman for rocking it in a field that continues to be more male-dominated! You go Colette! We both joked that there is no such thing as "balance" between our day job & blogging- but the creative outlet is too much fun to give up! Since Colette loves to give advice and inspire others- blogging at Styled Comfort is a natural fit for her talents!


One of the things I loved learning about was how the blog actually has pushed Colette to try new places & things. Her boyfriend is also her photographer (and they live in dreamy wine country) but having the blog as a weekend hobby has encouraged them both to explore new spots in their gorgeous town as well as try new shops and restaurants that they would not have been otherwise inclined to try. That's one of the coolest things about blogging- you never know how it will impact your life!


And that brings me to one of the most amazing parts of this campaign. As many of you know, there are serious and deadly wildfires currently raging in northern California. I'm (admittedly) pretty terrible at geography so I didn't even put two-and-two together that this could potentially impact my sweet partner. Then I got an email from her on Saturday that shook me to my core... 

See Colette and I had a (re-scheduled) Skype date 2 Sunday nights ago. We chatted for about an hour so that we could get to know each other better and prep. After we hung-up, Colette stayed up until about midnight working on her post because she knew she has a busy week and it would be best to just knock it out then. As she was getting ready for bed, her electricity went out and they started to hear strange sounds in the house. She looked outside "... and saw two big walls of fire barrelling down the ridges in back of our house." She & her boyfriend quickly grabbed their cats, wallets/purse and evacuated- leaving everything else behind. Their house was in flames less than an hour later. In Colette's own words, this campaign literally helped to save her life.

Friends, you know I am a woman of deep faith, so I can't help but see the Lord's hand in every part of this situation. If we didn't Skype when we did, if Colette didn't stay up to finish her post, if, if, if... well things could have turned out differently. But I am thankful that they did not!

What inspired me even more, was that when I asked Colette how I could help her, she turned the attention to others who were in more desperate need and sent me the list below. She has truly touched me with her strength in the face of loss, and her selfless nature in choosing to give attention to others in need. She has embodied the spirit of this campaign and made me all the more sure that #WeAreStrongerTogether.

If you feel led to give to causes and victims of the Northern California fires- please consider donating & supporting the organizations below: 

Volunteers of America, Northern California & Northern Nevada (Sacramento)


You can donate to the Fire Emergency Fund. Your gift will immediately provide emergency assistance to those evacuated from the fire ravaged areas in Northern California.

North Bay Fire Relief


When you donate, you can choose to support any of the four counties affected: Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, or Lake. You may also designate "all" and your funds will be equally distributed among all four counties. 

Humane Society of Sonoma County


Your support will help care for homeless injured stray animals and provide no-cost burn treatment for fire victims.You may donate online and choose to restrict your gift to “NorCal Fire Relief”* or consider giving a gift to “Help where it's needed most” to ensure they have the resources to support the fire relief efforts as well as the animals who were already in their shelters before the fires.

Thank you all SO much for reading & I hope you have a wonderful day!


5 comments

  1. ohhh what a great campaign!! it is definitely true that bridging the gap can bring us together to create better content to share. kisses from the sandpit ❤︎
    www.mahryska.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful campaign indeed. Thanks for sharing these inspirational women, just like you are!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful experience it was getting to know you and to share our stories! After the fire, if ever I'm feeling down, I just go to your site and am instantly uplifted. Thank You!!!


    ReplyDelete
  4. Gentry, you write with such vibrancy! I’m so thankful that Colette is safe and I’m completely in awe or her selflessness in such a time of tragedy. Thank you so much for being apart of this campaign.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)