The title of this post is a little ironic, because I took these photos on my trip to Wisconsin, but to me this dress is a quintessential southern summer look! Unfortunately I wasn't able to get this look up quickly enough before the dress sold out, but I have seen it at my local Banana Republic (on major sale) and popping back in on the website- so stay tuned if you love it as much as I do :)
So what makes a dress "southern summer" appropriate? For me, it's all in the ladylike details! From the delicate ruffled "vee", to the fitted bodice, to the flared midi hem- this dress brings me back to the days of grace and simplicity (all things I associate with the south)! And perhaps, most importantly, it's cool enough to handle this intense summer heat! What is your quintessential summer dress?
Have a fabulous day! I'm off to NYC for work so if I'm a little less responsive, that's why! But I will still get back to y'all as quickly as possible :) Just wanted to let y'all know! XO









I live in dresses in the summer, it's just too hot to wear anything else. I love the ruffel detailing on this, super cute!
ReplyDeleteXoxo,
Whitney & Blaire
Peaches In A Pod
Adorable!! I actually almost bought that dress the other week!
ReplyDeletexo, Kristina
Medicine & Manicures
I love the ruffles of the dress!
ReplyDeleteAlyson | My Life as Alyson
Love everything about this dress - it's style, length and fit are so perfect! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston
ReplyDelete