Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Travel Diary: Los Angeles Girl's Weekend!


A few weeks ago I headed to Los Angeles for a super fun girl's weekend- and I'm thrilled to bring my travel diary with you today! This was only my second time in LA and there was so much I wanted to see/do- and although we snuck a TON of activities in, there is still so much more! 

LA is such an interesting city- diverse pockets of culture, restaurants, & shopping. Each city/area we visited was more unique and beautiful than the last! I loved Malibu- talk about a dream town (but when you see the pictures you will totally understand why!

Angie, Stephanie, & I all met when we worked at Payless ShoeSource in their HQ in Kansas almost seven (!!) years ago. We were all in long-distance relationships at the time and instantly bonded, sharing many a margarita at happy hour and some pretty fabulous memories! Life took us all to different areas of the country (California, Chicago, & Florida) but we work hard to keep in touch and maintain our friendship. This weekend worked out so perfectly because it also happened to be Angie's 30th birthday weekend! We were so happy to be able to celebrate together!

Alright, let's travel to Los Angeles! 


DAY 1

On our first day we decided to do what girls do best- drink cocktails and shop! We headed to The Grove where we were able to do both. The weather was insanely gorgeous (low 70s) so we sat outside and gabbed- catching up because we had two years of ground to cover!





I really wanted to see the light display at LACMA (a pivotal moment in Maybe in Another Life takes place here) and it didn't disappoint! What an absolutely beautiful sight- I definitely recommend it if you're in town!


DAY 2

Ok y'all, I cannot rave about Malibu enough! We started off our day in this dreamy city with lunch at Malibu Farm- talk about delicious! I had a watermelon mimosa that was heavenly and a corn and cheese panini that... well, was a slice of heaven too! :) There was not one of us who wasn't raving about our meals!







Next we trekked over to Malibu Wines and it was a winner as well! It's basically a gorgeous spot nestled in the hills that has been developed into the most instagrammable place ever! You bring your own picnic/snacks and then buy glasses or bottles of wine and enjoy! They had amazing live music as well (and you know I busted a move or 20)!



Angie packed the most perfect picnic! Seriously the hostess with the mostess!




Angie's hubby Brian was the perfect addition to our foursome! He was such a trooper all weekend & he had us in stitches the whole time!

DAY 3

After eating and drinking our way through Malibu we needed a little cardio so we set out to tackle the Culver City stairs! I tried to take a picture of my legs for perspective- but there were stairs in which I was having to do full on lunges to make it up! Talk about "ouch." But it was an amazing workout!




After the workout we prettied ourselves up and then went to brunch at the Soho House- #dreamcometrue. House rules are that there are no cameras allowed, but I can tell you the food was amazing and the company was even better! Jill and Keith thank you for your hospitality! :)



The second we drove past this sign I knew I had to take a picture with it (I mean... come on now!). 

We had the most fun weekend in Cali & I miss my gals so much! Luckily our next reunion is already in the works and I can't wait to see what out next adventure is. Until then I'll be California dreaming...

9 comments

  1. It sounds like you all had an absolute blast! I loved this travel diary, thanks for the lovely post! I can't wait to check out LA next September!

    I hope you have a great Tuesday,
    Michael
    https://www.mileinmyglasses.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the three of you with the lampposts is a framer! And the last picture with the mural, obviously =]
    Looks like so much fun! It's great that you made it a priority to remain close. Love friends like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great trip! You look adorable and the food/places look amazing! so great that y'all are still friends!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod


    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip! What a great friendship!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome! I love everything you did, it looked like fun and you made the most of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYYYY! When I saw this was your post today I got so excited because your girls trip looked SO fun and I wanted to see what you wore! Love! LA was the perfect place to meet for a girls trip - you have me wanting to go there with my friends ASAP.

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is great to visit your site.great blog.
    http://www.1dollardigitizing.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow,great trip.all of you look awesome.
    http://digitizingzone.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is look like so much fun. i like all the things that you do.great trip.
    http://aplusdigitizing.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)