Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Book Review: First Comes Love


Happy Monday! I'm kind of sad about how long its been since the last time I did a book review for y'all. Truth be told, this little bookworm hasn't been much of one lately - life has certainly gotten in the way. But I've felt a huge tug lately to read more & when my gal Stephanie recommended First Comes Love to me (by my favorite author Emily Giffin), I knew it was the right book to get me back on track!


The plot revolves around Josie and Meredith, two sisters who survived a tragedy in their family 15 years ago and today lead two distinctly different lives. Josie is single at 38, a first-grade teacher who desperately wants a baby and family of her own but harbors a deep secret about her past. Meredith is a lawyer, married to the "perfect" man with a darling 4 year old daughter who is beginning to question how picture-perfect her life is. Although Josie and Meredith are so different, and often at odds with each other, their past defines them today and until they come to terms with their tragedy they will never move forward.

In typical Emily Giffin fashion, this book is incredible well written and pulls you in from the first page. I couldn't put it down and read it cover-to-cover in 2 days! Her characters are so multi-dimensional and real that you feel as if you know them. And her stories have so many layers and nuances that you never know where it is going - or how it will end. But her endings always leave me thinking, pondering, and her stories stay with me long after the last page. 

If you can't tell I HIGHLY recommend First Comes Love! It is a five-star read and I know y'all will love it!

{Pick Up Your Copy}

Hope y'all have a wonderful week! I'm off to take Buddy to the very for his surgery (it's an hour away and we have to be there at 7:30 AM- #givemeallthecoffee) and I'm praying everything goes well! I've got another book in my bag to read while he's undergoing treatment but I hope I'm not to nervous to concentrate!


7 comments

  1. This is definitely on my list of books to read - I just love her writing style! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've read an Emily Griffin book and this one sounds really cute. I will have to check it out!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emily Giffin's books! This one wasn't my favorite but it was definitely cute and a good read! Josie kinda got on my nerves at times but I guess that means Emily did a great job writing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book on my honeymoon this summer... it was the perfect beach read! I will definitely be picking this one up again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review, Gentry! I am going to add it to my audible cue. I always need light, engaging books like this to keep me entertained on my commute!
    xoxo,
    Catherine
    www.classiccatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it will be perfect for that! I also love "The One and Only" and "Love the One Your With" by her too! All really interesting and multi-layered stories!

      Delete
  6. Good luck with Buddy's surgery...and thanks for the share-Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)