Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Dressing Room Diaries + Lilly Pulitzer After Party Sale!

Happy Friday sweet friends! I have SO much to share with you today, so I sure hope you have your coffee in hand because we've got lots to chat about! :)

First up, I have a brand new round of dressing room diaries for y'all! I stopped into Nordstrom, Banana Republic, and Lilly Pulitzer (duh) this weekend and found so many adorable pieces! Fall clothing may be hitting the shelves, but this girl is still ALL about summer! As always, these pics are meant to help you see pieces "in real life" - when lighting isn't perfect, my makeup is waning, and I've been trying on one too many outfits :)  If you have any questions I don't answer- drop 'em in the comments below and I'll be sure to help!

Felicity & Coco Halter Shift Dress (Wearing size Medium Petite)- I absolutely loved this dress! Breezy, swing dresses are so nice for this time of year, but I really liked that it wasn't too baggy (because that can add a few pounds!). I didn't even realize that I had grabbed a petite size when I tried it on, but I thought the length was perfect, so if you are under 5'4 (like me) than you may want to consider the petite sizing! PS- This piece also come in coral and white- don't think I'm not considering it too ;)

Charles Henry Cold-Shoulder Dress (wearing size Small)-  The colors in this dress are seriously so beautiful in person! I loved the flattering fit, the spicy look of the cold-shoulder, and that the long sleeves would make it easy to transition to fall (I see it with booties!). I'm normally a small/medium in dresses, so I would say this one runs a little big and you are OK to size down if you're between sizes.

Adelyn Rae Print Halter Shift Dress (wearing size Small)-  This dress has so many fun details in person! Right around the waist there is a fun little ruffle that is so feminine and girly- I love it! This is the kind of dress that would be a wardrobe workhorse; wear wedges for a girls night out, and throw a blazer on and add pumps for the office! 

Vince Camuto Geo Print A-Line Dress (wearing size 6)-  Honest review here... I loved this print on the hanger & the shape was perfect for the office, but on... I actually felt like the pattern was overwhelming on me! Y'all know I'm not scared of a bold print, but something about it was a little too much (if you know what I mean!)  But, I do love the print and think that on the right person it is super cute so I still wanted to share it with y'all in case that person is you :)

Banana Republic Paisley Tie-Collar Blouse (wearing size Small)- I ordered this top online with some GapRewards in a Medium and it was huge, so I stopped by the store to exchange it for a small. However, it has a pretty boxy fit so I think it needs someone taller than me to rock it :) But I loved the pattern so much that I scooped it up in the dress version (below). If you love than make sure to size down!

Banana Republic Paisley Print Dress (wearing Size Small)- I already knew that I loved this pattern, so once I tried on the dress I was sold! I adore the fun print (it's so bright in person) and the flattering print! I'll have a full styled post with this dress coming your way next week :)

Lilly Pulitzer Ophelia Dress in "Get Trunky" (wearing size Medium)- I already own the Ophelia in another print, so I knew without a doubt I would love this one. The print is a little more subtle if brights aren't for you, and the fit is beyond flattering. Fit Tip: I could wear a small in this, but due to the length and breezy fit I prefer a medium to give me a little more coverage and peace of mind.

Lilly Pulitzer Blythe Dress in "Casa Azul" (wearing size Small)- Another great swingy dress for this heat, I sized down to a small. This dress would be easy to transition with a neutral cardigan and boots later in the year!

Lilly Pulitzer Sally Dress in "Ocean Jewels" (wearing size Medium)- I was intrigued by the material of this dress and I had to try it one! It's a soft scuba material that is seriously so comfy to wear, but looks chic! I love the rich colors in this "Ocean Jewels" print too!

Lilly Pulitzer Jackie Shift in "Caught in the Coral" (wearing size Medium)-  Usually shift dresses make me crazy nervous (they usually don't fit my booty!) but this dress has a bit of an a-line shape from the waist down and definitely has plenty of room! I love the colors in this dress too & think it would be perfect for a gender reveal party :)

Lilly Pulitzer Kassia Dress in "Going Coastal" (wearing Size 6)- I feel like it has been way too long since Lilly did a traditional fit-and-flare dress but I'm sure excited they decided to make their comeback with this beautiful one! I feel like online it looks a little "fuller" than it is in person; it's actually a very silky material and very lightweight (which I love)! Runs TTS.

Now, drumroll please.... the Lilly Pulitzer After-Party Sale is confirmed to be this Monday, August 22 at 8am!! This is one of my favorite sales of the year (it only happens twice) and where I normally stock up on most of my Lilly purchases! Y'all have really appreciated my tips and tricks in the past, so I'm sharing them again today to get you ready for the big event!


{ONE}
Get your account up to date: The website will be down for maintenance from 7-8 am so if you want to get your account accurate (which I recommend) you will need to do it before then! So, log in this weekend, enter you payment information/shipping address (nothing worse than having to scramble to find your credit card), and then Monday all you have to do is press "pay" & your treasures will be yours! 

{TWO}
Make a list of your must-haves: Like the January sale, everyone will be placed in a virtual "line" to enter the sale and after you checkout you will be sent to the back of the line. So although you can still place multiple purchases (all shipping is FREE!) know that they can't be one after another like in years past! This is definitely in an attempt to make it more fair to everyone & I think it is a wonderful thing (more Lilly for everyone!) ! :) **NOTE: Don't be discouraged if your wait time says something crazy like "14 hours"- it usually moves way faster than that! Last year I was in within 30 minutes!

{THREE}
Know when it ends: This year's sale will run two full day and will end Tuesday, August 23rd at 11:59 PM.

{FOUR}
Sort by Size- What fun is it to fall in love with an item when it doesn't come in your size? (No fun that's what!) So make sure to sort by size when you log in so you don't waste precious time looking at things that won't fit! (Don't know what size you are? I recommend stopping at your nearest Lilly store today and trying on a few things for fit!) Also, all sale items are final sale- so make sure you're sure before checking out! UPDATE from past sales: Like January, Corporate stores can participate in the sale this year, so if your size is sold out online call your local store b/c they may have what you want! 

{FIVE}
Have Shipping Patience: As you can surely imagine, there are TONS of orders that are being processed from the sale. You'll hear fabulous stories about customers that get their orders in 1 day… but that's not the norm! Shipping can often take up to two weeks (one of mine took three earlier this year), so have some patience… and wait excitedly by the mailbox! 

{SIX}
Keep it in perspective: This sale is a blast- no one is going to deny that! But at the end of the day, it's just that… a sale. There's a good chance the site may crash or you may miss out on an item you wanted, but the Lilly team is doing us fans a huge benefit by offering these amazing deals! So don't get angry- get shopping! :)

{SHOP THE POST}


Have an amazing weekend! I'm helping to host a fashion show tonight & then have a baby shower for one of my best gals Saturday & my Fantasy Football draft on Sunday! Can't wait for all this on-the-go fun!


6 comments

  1. Everything looks so great on you especially that halter shift dress and that paisley print top - i wanted to get it a couple weeks ago and then put it back...should scoop it up now! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cold shoulder dress is by far my favorite! It's a great dress to transition into fall with! It looks like you had an amazing shopping trip! Have a great weekend.

    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gentry. Just found your site recently. You are adorable. I love your taste! This is my first Lilly sale.. I am curious about a couple of things. First, seeing the dresses on you, they don't seem as short as they sometimes seem to me.. May I ask how tall you are? I am 47 so I feel like I can't go too short, you know? I love that Jackie shift in caught in the coral and was looking at a long sleeved dress with the same print. These items say they are new on the Lilly site. Does that typically mean they don't go on sale, just the stuff that has been there awhile does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I am so glad you found Girl Meets Bow and are enjoying it- that makes my day! :)

      I am 5'4 which may be why a lot of the dresses hit longer on me :) If I had to guess, I would think most of the models are about 5'10 which is why things look so much shorter on the website! Overall, I think Lilly is cut fairly conservatively- especially in the length for an "average" woman :) I also love that Lilly looks great at every age! My aunt is about 10 years older than me and we have several of the same Lilly pieces :)

      You are right that anything that is brand new on the site will not be included in the sale. This sale will mainly have Spring & Early Summer pieces, and I would suspect that they will pop in some Fall pieces from last year too. They often bring in gift with purchases for sale (but those usually go quick!) Anything you like on the site currently would be in the January sale :)

      Hope this helps! Good luck with the sale and let me know what you score! XO

      Delete
  4. I love the first dress you have on and ALL of your Lilly items! I am so excited for the Lilly sale! I have plenty of gift cards I have been saving for this day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these kinds of posts - seeing real people in clothing is my favorite! I am adding you to my Bookmarks! Stopping over from A.Liz Adventures for the linkup - hope you can go my blog too. Have a great weekend!

    www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)