Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Currently Obsessing Over... {v. 79}


Well this couldn't be more true... it's Friday & I'm loving that! This week has been a sweet and busy one for sure. I'm one week in to "eating cleaner" and my body is slowly adjusting. I was starving the first few days (never realized how many carbs I ate & how full they made me), but as I got used to snacking more, smaller meals, and filling up on fruits & veggies, I'm feeling much better. I've even gotten in three workouts this week already - lots of accomplishment here!!

But don't worry, I haven't been too busy meal-planning to find all sorts of fab items to share with you today! :) Keep reading to see what else I'm loving this Friday!


{ONE: J. Crew Outerwear for Less}
I know just yesterday I said I wanted year-round summer (and I'm sticking to that statement!) but there is no denying that fall clothing is hitting the shelves & a girl has to be prepared! Since Florida only gets like 5 real days of fall I always cringe when having to spend too much on fall "essentials" - since they just don't get much use! But I swear by my J. Crew excursion vests- problem is that they come with a hefty price tag! So, last season I discovered that the little girl's sizes can still work for a "big girl" like me & they have a much smaller price tag! {For reference I'm a small in  J. Crew vests and a 16 in girls}

{TWO: This is Us}
Ever since I finished Parenthood (and bawled my eyes out) I've been looking for another great show to fall in love with... I've been seeing the previews for This is Us and I tear up every time... so I'm pretty sure I found my new fall TV obsession! Do y'all have any shows you can't wait to see? I need some more to add to my DVR!


{THREE: Eat Yourself Skinny}
As I mentioned above, clean eating is going remarkably well so far (especially for a girl who hates veggies and loves carbs!) I've been looking for recipe inspiration when I stumbled upon "Eat Yourself Skinny"- which has seriously easy recipes (that look fab too!) I'm planning on trying out several this weekend, so I will be sure to share more as I make them & see what I like!


{FOUR: Loft Friends & Family Sale- 40% off EVERYTHING}
In exciting sale news, Loft is currently running their Friends & Family sale and offering 40% off everything with code "BESTFRIENDS"! I've rounded up my favorites from all the great offerings (and bonus, many of my favorite pieces from the season are on sale with an additional 40% off!). Shop my favorites below:


{FIVE: Your Feedback Wanted!}
Y'all I would love if you would share with me anything that you want to see more of/less of on the blog! This little corner of the net is my passion project, but I always want to make sure the content is helpful and inspiring for each of you that visits. I'm working on planning strategic content that meets your needs and things you want to see- so let me know that that is! Is there an event you need help finding an outfit for? Are you having trouble finding a great tote for school? Do you want more workwear? More weekend style? I would LOVE to help and share it on here, so either leave me a note in the comments or shoot me an email at gentry.adams@gmail.com. Thanks y'all!!



Finally, If you haven't already, it would mean SO much to me if you'd take a minute and vote for me as "Best Local Blogger" in the "Best of the Bay" Awards (voting goes through Monday). I'm so humbled to have been nominated and y'alls support means the world! Thank you if you have voted & thank you in advance if you vote today! I'm sending you hugs from Florida!

Have a wonderful weekend! Hard to believe August is almost half-over!



10 comments

  1. Loving the pink J.Crew jacket. Need that in my life this fall! What a great fashion hack getting it in a girls size ;) Great idea. I love the LOFT. Wishing I had some extra funds set aside for this awesome sale, but unfortunately I'm on the hunt for a last minute "biscotti" colored bridesmaid dress, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the trailer for that show makes me tear up too!! I've started eating cleaner too--so I appreciate these meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for you! Thanks for sharing about the kids J.Crew vests, I'm obsessed with the colors they come in and the lower price!

    Ashley // MyWellDressedLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This is Us" is definitely on my list of things to watch this fall! The previews make it look so good. I love all of the style posts you post on here but seeing a little more of your day to day life (like the new recipes you're trying out!) would be fun to see too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly love that we only get a handful of chilly days here in FL, but like you it kills me to spend too much on boots and vests. Genius idea to shop the girls' vests at J Crew! Definitely stealing that idea! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to that show too-- it looks like it will be a good one. It's the best when you can fit into kids sizing of something to save a little money!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why didn't I think of shopping J Crew girls! Brilliant! I have Nike running shorts in XL from the girls department for way less. -Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. J. Crew vests are my go to pieces once the weather gets cold!

    XO Alyson | My Life as Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  10. these J.Crew jackets-adorable! I saw a blue gingham one in the store-loved it! & I do love your fashion illustration...cuteness!
    Happy Friday,
    Katelyn
    www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)