Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

10 Things You Don't Know About Me!


When I asked y'all a few weeks ago what you want to see more of on the blog, I got a resounding answer of 'more personal posts'- that y'all want to know more about the girl behind the blog (me!) I try to share personal anecdotes on each post, but I love that y'all want to learn more :) And since I've seen lots of friendly new faces around this blog the last few months, it seemed like the perfect time for this post! So grab your coffee, because today I'm sharing "10 Things You Don't Know About Me".  


ONE. I got the name of "Girl Meets Bow" from a White House, Black Market Ad: Yep, it's true! In college I came across a WHBM magazine ad that featured a pink cocktail dress with a giant bow on the back and the tagline was, "there's no occasion too small for a big bow." I just loved it and kind of adopted it as a life motto of sorts; I love the idea of celebrating the big and small moments of everyday! So, when I was thinking of blog names, I recalled that ad and played with the idea of a "bow" until I came up with "Girl Meets Bow".

TWO. I'm a total speed demon. I think this is a fact my parent's wish was not true, but I inherited my dad's need for speed and low tolerance for slow driving! Once time in college my dad was looking through my GPS (which I didn't know recorded my speed) and saw that a previous max speed I had hit was 95!! oops! I've tried to keep it in check as I've gotten older, but often have to tap the brakes when I look down at my speedometer.

THREE. I'm completely terrified by down escalators.  Perhaps one of my most quirky charming traits is that escalators going down strike deep terror in me! I'm not really sure why it developed, but for as long as I remember I freak out before having to get on one! (Trust me, you don't want to be stuck behind me at the mall!)

FOUR. I have a tattoo. Didn't expect that one did you?? ;) In college my bestie and I both chatted about how much we wanted one & had both been thinking about them for years. So at the end of spring break one year we called a local shop and made our appointments! So what is it?? I have a small Jesus fish with an anchor wrapped around it's tail on my inner hip. A lot of people have asked if I regret it and I never have! Because it's hidden away I often forget about it, and I like that it's not on display (especially in the office). Plus, it's such a fun memory to share with my best friend!

FIVE. I've watched every season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette since it premiered. If you follow me on Twitter (@GirlMeetsBow) than you already know I'm a big fan of this franchise, but if not, now you do! I have loved this show literally forever and always get caught up in the drama and romance each season! In college my girlfriends and I would have Bachelor nights and cook dinner together and watch (while cheering on our favorite contestants!)  Fun fact: I still have Trista and Ryan's wedding on VHS! Oh, and my favorite Bachelorette will always be Jillian Harris- her style could not be beat!

SIX. My go-to karaoke song is Lil Wayne "Top Back". 90% of the time I listen to country music, but there is that 10% in which I have a major weakness for late 90's/early 2000's hip hop! I have a deep love for Lil Wayne, 50 Cent, R Kelly, etc... ha! I'm pretty proud that I've learned every line to "Top Back"- so if anyone wants to have a rap-off let me know! :)

SEVEN. I'm still a paper planner girl. While most people have switched over to online or phone calendars, I'm still firmly in the paper planner camp! I love writing down my appointments and to-do's and feel like it helps me remember them better :) I'm currently using a "Happy Planner" and am working on a full post review about it soon!

EIGHT. I have freakishly neat handwriting. Now sure how to show y'all proof of this, but it's always a conversation at the office how neat my handwriting is! Our marketing manager (who is a hoot!) told me once in a meeting that it was so neat it could be "serial killer" handwriting! ha! I attribute it to practicing my letters a TON in middle school (I used to write out different ways to write every letter to decide which way I wanted to write mine). #OCDmuch ??

NINE. If I could wear one color for the rest of my life, it would be hot pink! While most people think they look best in black, for me, pink is my jam! The bolder the hue, the more I love it!

TEN. I'm intensely blessed by the friends and family in my life. This may not be completely unknown, but I would be remiss if I didn't share how thankful I am for the people the Lord places in my life at every turn. I have the kindest, most encouraging support network, both here in Florida and my girlfriends & family across the country! I'm always blown away by how I can reach out at any moment, to anyone I need, and these women will stop what they are doing and pray for me. Wow y'all! I am blessed beyond measure and so thankful for each and every one of them!

Now it's your turn! What is something we don't know about you?? Share in the comments below!


14 comments

  1. Awwwww I love posts like this! I'm a total speed demon as well but I have TERRIBLE handwriting, sometimes I can't even read my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun getting to know a little bit more about you! I had no idea you had a tattoo! And I wish I had freakishly neat handwriting. I totally have a doctor's handwriting. You can't read a thing ha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speed demon over here, too! *raises hand*
    Especially while listening to some Lil Wayne.
    xoxo,
    Piper Ellice @ piperellice.com
    Starting Out Southern Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I was definitely not expecting the tattoo! I'm with you though on the down escalator - not a fan. It used to take me forever to hop on one of those things and even now it takes me longer than the average person because I'm concentrating so hard on making sure I get on the right step haha. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post! I'm a total paper planner girl too, love writing things down. And I feel the same way about elevators that you do about down escalators! :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Hot pink is always in style and always appropriate! :)

    Claire
    www.singlegirlsanonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing all these tidbits, Gentry! It's so fun getting to know more about you. I am a huge Bachelor franchise fan too--what do you think about Nick?!? You're right, Jillian's style was the best, and I think Desiree had the sweetest and most authentic Bachelorette love story.
    xoxo,
    Catherine
    www.classiccatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually really excited about Nick!! I didn't like him much on Andi's season (or Kaitlyn's) but the more I get to know him I think he's really sweet and genuine! If nothing else I think the season will be FULL of drama :) And we can't hate that! ha!

      Delete
  8. Love this & Lil Wayne too ha. Funny you did this post because I was planning on doing one on my blog as well after I saw LC posted it of course! Have a great Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post!! So many great things. Thanks for sharing :) I love incorporating personal things in my posts. Always fun learning more about some of my favorite bloggers!! Xo

    Kristyn
    Primp and Proper

    ReplyDelete
  10. like you, people would never peg me for a rap lover but my all time favorite song is scenario by a tribe called quest and i know all the words. it feels like a little secret, lol.
    b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome girl!! Agree- it's like a fun, little secret (well not so secret now!) :)

      Delete
  11. Your blog name is the cutest! I think it's so fun to hear how you came up with it. And isn't it funny when people you would never expect to have a tattoo have one? I do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post. I love your blog name and I have loved getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)