Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Dressing Room Diaries


Happy Friday y'all! Instead of my usual "Currently Obsessing Over" post we're going to so a little something different today- a dressing room diary! I haven't done one of these in forever and last Friday I actually has a bit of free time to peruse the mall (what a luxury!) and try one some pieces to share with y'all!

What you will see here isn't perfectly styled or beautifully lit, it's just an average girl in a dressing room :) I hope that it helps you get a feel for how these items look "in real life" and it will help you in making a decision on whether to add these to your closet :) I'll be giving my real and honest opinions, but if you have any additional questions please feel free to leave them in the comments or email me! I love chatting all things fashion!


Gap Roll Sleeve Stripe T-Shirt Dress ($49.95, get 40% off with code "LETSGO")- Because of my curvy bottom half I had to size up one size in this dress, but it is perhaps the most comfortable dress I've tried on in forever so I decided it was worth it :) This color is even more vibrant in real life (like a neon coral) and I love it so much I also bought it in the blue striped version! #LoveItOnceBuyItTwice

Gap Linen Cotton Stripe Tie Dress ($59.95, get 40% off with code "LETSGO)- I went in fully expecting to love this dress, but the truth is I was underwhelmed. First, it runs very big, I had to size down one whole size and there was still plenty of room! And then even though it cinched in at the waist, I felt like it wasn't really showing my shape well. If you are bustier (and can fill it out better!) then this dress would be super cute for summer!

Lilly Pulitzer Carmel Printed Tank Dress ($98)- I shared this dress in last week's Currently Obsessing Over and I could hardly wait to try it on! Unfortunately, it just didn't wow me in person (so sad). The print is absolutely adorable, and the colors are beautiful, but the shape of the dress just didn't flatter me at all. I'm thinking if I was taller (or less curvy) it may have helped! ha! Dress does run TTS.

Lilly Pulitzer Kyla Slipdress ($168)- I really wanted to love this romper too, but it seriously did nothing for me :( The shorts were a little tight and the top was way to big! You definitely need to be busier to pull this look off. I did like that it looks like a mini dress with the security of a romper!

Banana Republic Floral Cap Sleeve Pocket Dress ($128)- I kind of couldn't get over how much I loved this dress! I'm looking for some great work dresses for my trip to Vegas (more on that soon!) that I can wear with flats or wedges and this piece fits the bill. It's also simply beautiful in person! I did find the top to run large, but when I sized down the top stayed big and only the bottom shrank... #WhompWhomp Regardless, there is a 40% off sale almost every other week, so this pretty lil thing may be coming home to mamma soon!

Banana Republic Floral Flutter-Sleeve Dress ($148)- The colors in this dress are even more beautiful in person (you can see them from a mile away) but the dress was too long for me. I'd like to try it on again in a petite size to see if that helped make it a little more age-appropriate in length!

LOFT Mosaic Striped Maxi Dress ($98)- You know I don't usually "do" black, but something about the alternating stripes in this dress drew me in! And I'm glad I tried it on because it was SO flattering & comfortable! However, the material was very thin and I didn't think it justified the price point, so I plan on waiting for it to go on sale and then scooping it up :)

{SHOP THE POST}

Hope y'all enjoyed this sneak into my dressing room! Let me know if you have any questions & tell me what your favorite piece is!

Have a great weekend friends! XO

Image Map

7 comments

  1. That pink dress from gap is amazing on you - I need to go find it in stores too!! I love the color!! Happy weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun post! I love The first Banana Republic dress and the Loft Maxi. So many cute things!!

    Ashley
    MyWellDressedLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those top two dresses! I just ordered the second one yesterday so fingers crossed that it works well when it comes in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Gap t-shirt dress is too perfect! Love!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the prettiest and most fun colorful pieces! Love them all on you, especially the Gap roll t-shirt dress <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could live in that Lilly dressing room! :) Loving those two dresses from Gap. I've been digging a lot of their stuff recently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cap sleeve banana dress is gorgeous! Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)