Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Sunday Scripture + Thoughts


This verse has been so pressed into my heart lately that I know the Lord has been wanting me to take note! I'm a very happy and optimistic person, but my prayer life often involves me asking for things that I don't yet have (or think I want). But it's been amazing to see all the different ways the Lord brought this verse to my attention, and it's really convicted me to be more thankful for everything in the here and now.


To be very honest with y''all, instead of my prayer being "Lord, please bring my husband" it has changed to "Lord, thank you for this time of singleness because it has allowed me to focus on growing my relationship with you!" And you know what? It's totally changed my perspective on how I see my life, and current stage of life! When I stopped asking for what I didn't have and started focusing on all that I could give thanks for, the joy I felt for my life grew by leaps and bounds! (Not to say I wan't joyful before, but it's like that joy has been magnified and multiplied!) And it's transformed my prayer life from what felt like a "test of patience" to a time when I truly thank the Lord for his blessings and goodness and ask him what he has to show me next. I have a sense of contentment and peace that I have never felt before, because I am truly & fully grateful for all that He has entrusted me with.

Does that me I don't want more? Absolutely not! I still pray for my husband and future children daily, but give thanks in the midst for where I am now because it is growing me to be a better wife and mother in the future. 

I'd love to hear what the Lord has put on your hearts lately, and if there is anything I can be praying for you can always drop me a note! XO



Image Map

2 comments

  1. I love your new perspective girl!! Having a positive outlook is definitely needed in life! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this SO much!! I can so relate to this feeling. God's ways are perfect. We need only trust in Him. I know we hear that a lot in our daily lives and so it's easy for it to lose some of it's power, but it really is so true. And I love, love Lauren Daigle! I recently read she is from a town just an hour or so away from me!
    Have a great night, lady! xo
    January
    www.januaryhart.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)