Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Birthday Brights!


Today is a big day around here- it's my birthday!! I'm a huge fan of my birthday (and all celebrations in general) so I'm pretty excited for today!

It's always nice to look at a birthday as a fresh start. To be honest, 27 was a hard year. I was in a very unstable relationship which ended after 6 years- and there was a lot of "moving on" that had to be done. There were times I struggled with seeing God's plan and I felt as if I had been forgotten. I questioned where my life was headed and what I really wanted. But y'all, God is faithful and the past few months he has been working in HUGE ways and I am seeing his plan so clearly! I received a promotion into a position that I absolutely love & now am able to travel. I've grown wonderful friendships. I've had the time of my life in the Junior League Presidency and been opened to many new experiences. I've deepened my faith and seen myself become a better person who is more thoughtful and prayerful in my decision making. And I know it's all been leading me to this... a fresh new year full of adventure, memories, and of course- celebrations! 







Top: Lilly Pulitzer Elsa // Skirt: Cece Cynthia Steffe (under $30!) // Shoes: Sam Edelman "Yardley" // Clutch: c/o Palm Tree Boutique (Similar)

So bring on the "late twenties" and cheers to the big 2-8! I'm ready to say hello to the best year yet :)


Image Map

7 comments

  1. Happy happy birthday twinie!!! Hope you have the best day celebrating!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Gentry! I hope that it is a wonderful day!! God has great things for you. Getting out of those unstable/toxic relationships is so hard. It can feel so safe and seems so scary when you are out there on your own. But then you find yourself instead surrounded by friends and God shows you his plan was never what you thought, but something BETTER!!! Have a great 28th birthday and here's to a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't thank you enough for your encouraging words Sarah! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy happy birthday pretty lady! Loving the bright colors and those sandals!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have the best day and it sounds like you're going to have a great year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday Gentry. I am in love with this outfit head to toe: all of it is gorgeous, including the jewelry. I need the clutch, skirt and blouse. Love all this bright neon on you!

    I started a linkup on Thursdays and I would love for you to share this pretty outfit - everyone needs to see it. Linkup below. Thank you and have a great weekend! Ada. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/03/thursday-moda-2-and-pop-of-yellow.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy happy (belated) birthday! Absolutely love this bright pink on you. I hope your birthday was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)