Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

New Year's Resolutions!


I'm so excited today to share my New Year's Resolutions with y'all! I didn't make very specific ones last year (you can check them out here) and I have to be honest, it was hard to keep them because there was nothing to quantify. So this year I want to be more intentional with my goals, narrow them down, and have a few to strive to keep. So without further ado here are my 2016 resolutions...


{PERSONAL}

1. Find a home church- I've been going to a wonderful bible study for about 2 years, and I love it, but I also want to have the foundation from having a home church and weekly services to attend. I love starting my week with the word and being surrounded by a community of believers- it's just so encouraging! 

2. Spend 30 minutes a day in the word- between Facebook, Instagram, and other forms of social media I know I waste more than 30 minutes a day on nonsense, so I am committed to setting aside time each day to spend in the Bible or on a bible study. Towards the end of 2015 I changed my nightly routine, and instead of scrolling Insta before bed I did my bible study, and it was so nice to fall asleep thinking of the Lord's truths and it helped me wake up more refreshed. I'm excited to get back into this habit in 2016.

3. Read 1 book a month (at least!)- I'm already rocking and rolling on this goal... 2 books down already!! :) I have always been a big bookworm so getting back into reading has just been wonderful. It's so nice to get lost in a good book rather than a TV show. 

4. Make smarter purchases- I've spent a lot of time the past weekend doing "spring cleaning" (early I know!) and clearing out clutter from my house & life and it really showed me what a impulse purchaser I am. All the things I bought on impulse were all the things I was cleaning out, but those decisions I thought about (& loved) are the items I cherish and love to wear - and have stood the test of time!

5. Workout 3 times a week- I definitely need more workouts to maintain & lose weight. Due to my busy schedule I stopped going as often as I would have liked (only 1-2 times per week) so I want to step it up this year and get in there more often - three times a week & hopefully more!

{BLOG}

6. Do one "Top 10" or Roundup post a month- Y'all loved my "Top 10 Favorite Purchases" post so much that it has inspired me to incorporate more countdown/roundup posts into the blog. If there are any topics you want to see let me know- I'm already brainstorming topics :)

7. Update the blog design (streamline)-  I love this little space of mine, but the more I learn about blogging and making this space a resource for you to come and find inspiration, the more ideas I have to make it user-friendly. There are several updates I want to incorporate and 2016 is the year to turn my dreams into plans.

8. Attend 2 networking events or blog conferences- It's amazing to connect with like-minded women who also have a passion for blogging, so I hope to attend two conferences or events with other bloggers.

So y'all, what is on your list to accomplish this year? Let's accomplish our dreams together! I can feel in my bones that 2016 is our year :)

Image Map

4 comments

  1. These are all really great goals! You've got some good ones for your life and for your blog. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals gurlie! We haven't gotten settled into a good church either since moving here, and I'm done with excuses. And yes to reading more and making workouts a routine. Happy New Year <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals, I want to do my bible study better each day, I'm do it, but know it could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such great goals for the new year! I wish you the best of luck with all of them!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)