Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Rule Breaker: White After Labor Day


As of yesterday, women across the country were supposed to pack up their white clothing and say goodbye to its crisp, fresh color until next spring. But you know what y'all? That just doesn't work for me! I'm all about the quote, "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" and that includes styling a precious LWD (little white dress) after Labor Day!

Now normally I'm terrified of wearing white, because somehow every time I wear it I become a magnet for stains and dark liquids (red wine I'm looking at you!) but I couldn't resist the shape of this dress when I saw it at Loft. If you're a bride-to-be it would be perfect for any showers you have coming up! However this single gal decided to keep the summer vibes going with a denim jacket and nude wedges- breaking the rules in style!

What do you think? Are fashion rules made to be broken?!











Dress: Loft (sold out, love this!) // Denim Jacket: Loft // Wedges: Steve Madden (love these for under $50) // Necklace: gifted from The Brew, Crystallized Necktize // Bracelets: Lilly Pulitzer (similar) and Victoria Wieck // Ring: Melissa Gorga

Shop more white lace dresses (if you're into breaking rules like me! ;) ):
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day weekend (I'm sure excited it's only a 4 day workweek!) XO

The Fashion Canvas

Two Peas in a Blog
Image Map

7 comments

  1. I really like the white lace dress. I'm clumsy and always spill something on myself when I wear white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think fashion rules are made to be broken especially when it's still so hot out lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about wearing white after labor day! I never used to when I lived in NY, but now that I live in Tampa it's a no brainer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful classic white dress! I love this look! I completely agree with you and love to wear white after Labor Day!
    XOXO
    Katey
    Thanks for joining our Tuesday Fashion Party Link-up!!
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the dress! so beautiful!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful dress I really love the shape, looks great with denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post full of useful tips! My site is fairly new and I am also having a hard time getting my readers to leave comments. Analytics shows they are coming to the site but I have a feeling “nobody wants to be first”.
    labor day sale

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)