Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Sunday Scripture + Thoughts

1 Samuel 16

Lately I've been thinking a lot about shopping (but not in the way you think!) Between working in corporate retail and writing this blog, it's all too easy to get caught up in the need to constantly have new. I've even found myself valuing my worth based on my outfit; and that's when I knew things needed to change! 

I love fashion, I love clothes, I love the thrill of a shopping find. There is nothing wrong with that at its core. But when these things become the benchmark I measure my worth against then things are out of whack. Because God doesn't look at my outfit, he looks at my heart. Making a difference in this world, spreading love and hope is not tied to the clothes I am wearing but instead tied to the condition at my heart. 

So I'm working on it. I'm reevaluating how I look at the "things" in my life (and my closet) and seeking to find the Lord first- above all else- and making sure that my heart is far more beautiful than my wardrobe. 

Happy Sunday friends! May you be filled with the hope and love that this day brings!

Image Map

4 comments

  1. It is hard, I struggle with that too. I appreciate your blog and your honesty. <3 Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen! It's nice to know that we are all in it together! :) XO

      Delete
  2. What a great, honest post. With blogging the desire for more can be constant, love the reminder about what really matters to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny! It's definitely a hard balancing act (and blogging only expounds that desire for more) but it's nice to have encouragers like you ( :) ) who remind me what's important. Hope you're having a great week!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)