Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

How to Dress for a First Date

As a girl who is "out there" in the dating pool, I've had my share of prepping for first dates and I know the stress that can come along with trying to pick the perfect outfit. I've been thinking for awhile that it would be nice to share some tips I've picked up and tried-and-true outfits that may help you too if you are also on the hunt for "Mr Right" :) AND, if you've already found your hunk-of-burning-love, then let these looks inspire you for your next date night with your hunny!


Casual & Cool
For a casual date (think low-key dinner and a movie, putt putt golf, outdoor bar) I like to rely on my favorite stand-by pieces like a striped tee and skinny jeans + cute flats that are comfy for walking around. I like adding a pop of color through lightweight scarves and adding personality in my jewelry. Add an easy cross-body so you can concentrate on holding his hand- not your purse ;)
Date Night #1
Lilly Pulitzer Murfee Scarf // Kate Spade "Kiss Me" Studs // 7 for All Mankind Skinny Jeans (shop options here) // J. Crew Striped Tee // Kate Spade Bangle // Tory Burch Mini Robinson (shop options here) // Tory Burch Reva Flats (shop options here)

A Fancy Affair
Now I don't know toooo many girls who get taken to a 5-star restaurant or a fancy show for their first date, but if you are one of the lucky ones than this is the look for you! ;) I love a simple cocktail dress with elegant accessories and jazzy flats- which makes it easy for you to take a moonlit stroll after the date :) If you want to add a bold pop of color- a pashmina is the perfect way to do so!
Date Night #2
Kate Spade Dress // Kate Spade Flats // Pink Pashmina Shawl (perfect to throw on if you get chilly) // Rebecca Minkoff Clutch // Kate Spade Bangles (shop options here) // Kate Spade Earrings

Something "In-Between"
I think most dates fall into the "in-between" territory- which can often be the most challenging of all! We all know my love for a chambray shirt, so paired with (what else?) a striped skirt and low wedges it's the perfect look! I adore a fun bangle stack and classic pearls to add the perfect finishing touch. 

Date Night Look #3
Chambray Shirt (shop options here) // Pink and White Striped Skirt (shop options here) // Tory Burch Sally Wedge (just bought these and I'm obsessed!) // Claire V Clutch (shop full selection here) // Pearl Earrings // Ban.do Bangles // Kendra Scott Harlow Necklace

Above all else, the best advice I can give you is to dress in a way that gives you confidence and also is true to you! You'll be the best "you" when you are! And trust me, your date is gonna fall hard for that fabulous woman! So what is your go-to out fit for a first date? What makes you feel the most confident? Any other tips on how to dress to impress? (I'm all ears!) :)

BONUS: The sandals y'all went crazy over the other week are now 50% off! But I'm sure they are not going to last at this price so snatch 'em up quick! (Remember Nordstrom offers free shipping & returns) Fit is TTS.


Pampers & Pearls

Gracefullee Made

Image Map

14 comments

  1. Something "In-Between" is the best! Can't go wrong with denim and lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love going out on "first dates". Now, I could care less. I am not "out there", but am also not in a relationship. I hated getting ready for a first date! The nerves, the panic, the stress! I'd rather be at home....comfortable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these picks!!! Those kiss me earrings are too cute!! And I love those sole society sandals!! Get on my feet!!!

    Xoxox
    www.ManicMakeupGirl.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm a HUGE fan of the sandals- comfortable AND cute! :)

      Delete
  4. Love all these outfits that you styled! So cute!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute post! That white lace skirt is to die for! Where did you find that one?

    xo, Nina
    Law of Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt was modeled with the shirt on Shopbop :) Just searched and I *think* this is it: https://www.shopbop.com/kiara-lace-skirt-velvet/vp/v=1/1517358466.htm?fm=search-shopbysize&os=false

      Delete
    2. OR it's this :) https://www.shopbop.com/silverlake-lace-skirt-cupcakes-cashmere/vp/v=1/1561808386.htm?fm=search-shopbysize&os=false

      Delete
  6. Love this post!! When my roommate was going on dates last year, I would love to style her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun! It's always better getting ready when you have another (fashionable) opinion!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)