Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Dreaming of Charleston...

I am so stinkin' excited y'all because this week me and my bestie Asha are headed to Charleston for a girls weekend full of southern charm!! We've both only been once before and LOVED it, so we are jumping for joy that we get to spend 4 days soaking in all the city's goodness! I'm working on my packing list, so I thought I would give you a sneak peek of a few ideas I have rolling around of how I'm going to style myself on the trip :)

For the Road Trip
I am all about comfort when I am driving 5 hours in the car- ain't nobody got time to be dolled up when your sitting in one seat! But since inevitably you will be stopping along the way it's best you don't scare people off (ha!) so I turn to cute activewear to see me through the trip! You also can't forget your trusty tumbler (I drink lots of H2O everyday) & sunglass straps (so you don't have to fumble to find your sunglasses). I also love an oversize tote to keep all my essentials in - I make sure my phone charger, cell phone, snacks, and a book are always close by!





For Sightseeing
One of  the things I'm most excited about on this trip is that we consciously didn't make any plans- which leaves us free to do whatever we want! Asha and I both lead super planned out lives so we decided this trip if being left open to wherever the wind takes us! Shopping? Touring? Beaching it? Lots of taste-testing at local restaurants? My outfit(s) needs to be prepared for anything! So here is a look that can take you seamlessly through whatever activities pop up!



For a Night Out
I checked the weather, and unfortunately it's supposed to be HOT and humid while we are in the Holy City, so I need to stay cool on our night's out! Jumpsuits are the perfect night out wear & always look adorable even in the heat! Add some easy bangles and a light weight necklace and you are good to go! :) Wish me luck!



Any recommendations while we are in Charleston? If you know great restaurants or can't-miss attractions, let me know about them in the comments below!

PS- I just have to share my excitement over picking up this adorable gingham button up at J. Crew this weekend & I have to brag on J. Crew's customer service for their help! My store was sold out of the orange and blue ones I was hoping to score, but my sales associate hunted them down for me and got them for me at 50% off + free shipping to my house! I'm so appreciative that they were able to help me, so don't count out asking if you're looking for an item that's not longer at your store :) Happy hunting!


Image Map

4 comments

  1. I LOVED Charleston when we visited this past winter! I kept telling my boyfriend that we should move there. Here's what we did: http://www.notintentonarriving.com/2015/01/a-southern-new-year-charleston-sc.html, but for restaurants, you should *absolutely* try Martha Lou's Kitchen. It was the best meal we had the entire time we were there!

    We also loved the pimento cheese at Magnolia's (a perfect place to grab a drink and apps) and the sandwiches at Brown Dog Deli. We tried to get in to Husk, but it was booked the entire time we were there. If you want to enjoy what I've heard is a really amazing meal there, you should call today and see if they have any openings.

    Have a great trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin thank you so much for your advice! I can't wait to try out all the FAB cuisine!! :) I will definitely be doing a recap once I am back (yours was so fun!) XO

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Charleston, so cannot give you any recommendations, but the dress for the sightseeing outfit is beautiful ;-) And what great customer service!

    Wishinging you a nice, funpacked trip!

    Alex - Funky Jungle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alex! That red dress is taunting me in my LOFT shopping card but I'm waiting until I can use my cash cards June 1! :) Can't wait to share my trip once I'm back!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)