Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

When it Doesn't Work for You







Today I want to talk about a little discussed topic… when trends don't work for you! I picked up this J. Crew button up on super-clearance after seeing it all over the web being worn in the "half-tucked/half-untucked" trend. I loved that slouchy cool look and was pumped to pull it off for myself! But y'all I'm going to be real honest, when I half-tucked my shirt I just looked a fool! I don't know what happened, but somehow on my frame the trend just fizzled out. Boo! But you know what? I loved it on me untucked and fancy-free! So I tell you this to say, that trends are fun for inspiration, but at the end of the day you have to wear what make you look and feel as fabulous as you are! :)

So here is the trend gone wrong! Enjoy these silly pictures :)




Top: J. Crew Side-Stripe Sequin Shirt // Pants: Gap Slim Cropped Pants // Wedges: J. Crew Factory Sylvia Patent Wedge // Watch: Bellezza (similar) // Ring: Victoria Wieck (love) // Clutch: Sophie and Trey (similar)

Happy Thursday friends!

Stylin' In St. Louis

Mix & Match Fashion

Image Map

12 comments

  1. I'm not a half tucked person either. I think it's because I'm short, it just doesn't look right. Great top, untucked!

    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire

    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having a short torso is my problem too! Oh well! It's fun to try something new :)

      Delete
  2. I always try to do this look! I feel like a fool too, but I don't think it looks that silly on you! I pull it off a little better when I tuck in the whole front of the shirt and leave the back untucked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Emilia! I will definitely give that a try and let you know how it goes :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, I've run into the same problem! Always good for a laugh :) Still a gorgeous shirt untucked!

    Pleather & Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! If you can't giggle at yourself, then life's not very fun, right?!

      Delete
  4. I fell in love with that shirt and bought it when it first came out, but never once thought to wear it tucked in- the sequins are too pretty to hide and I love that it has a bit of a tunic feel because of the length! I am definitely with ya on trends...they have to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the length and the sparkles are my two favorite features! And you're right… who wants to hide that shine?! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Gentry! I love that top! I can't rock the half tuck either (we used to call it the "frat tuck" in college). I saw these little cuties at target and thought of you! :-)
    http://m.target.com/p/women-s-haley-metallic-bow-sandals/-/A-16866115

    My Plum Planner arrived yesterday and I am in love!!!! Thanks for the recommendation! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "frat tuck" ha!! I love it!!

      Those sandals are SO adorable!! I need to hop on over to Target and check those cuties out ;)

      I'm so happy you love your planner!!!! I definitely can't live without mine now!! :) Happy weekend!

      Delete
  6. I always see the half-tuck on other people and it looks so cute but I'm sure I'd look so silly if I tried it lol The shirt and outfit look super adorable un-tucked though! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Who knew you needed a long torso to pull it off?? :) Hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)