Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Pinteresting: Bookshelf Inspiration

I have completely outgrown my current bookshelf (#totalbookworm) and am on the hunt for some ideas for both new bookshelves to invest in as well as ideas on how to decorate it once I pick one out. I also have to be conscious of space because my apartment doesn't have that much room for a major bookshelf installment at the moment. So, I took to Pinterest for some ideas and have shared a few on my favorites below. (PS- you can follow me on Pinterest here)

Let the ideas begin:

I love the wallpaper background on these shelves- think they add such a fun and whimsical touch! I also love the addition of the bright pink baskets and blue bookends used as decorations on the top of the shelf.

via
I love that this bookshelf is filled with just books! I know that sounds rather silly, but with as many books as I have, it's nice to see that there is a stylish design that is just based on books being books :)



via
If I could have a bookshelf that covered my entire wall, I would be in heaven! I love how they added slight touches of decor to the shelf while keeping the emphasis on the books (and who doesn't love a fabulous built-in)??

via

I know this shelf is currently for a little girls room, but I liked the idea of a two-tone paint job on the inside and out.

via

And in case you need a super easy step-by-step tutorial (I know I do) I loved this graphic! It broke it down perfectly!

via
Any ideas or resources that y'all can recommend? Anything that worked really well for you? Send all suggestions my way :)

Image Map

12 comments

  1. That first bookshelf is adorable! it's right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bookcase with the wallpaper! SO chic! Styling a bookshelf definitely takes a good eye! Looks like you are off to a great start!
    Marianne
    www.goodgirlgoneglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first book shelf is so cute and girly!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove that first one! I actually have plans to someday get a bookcase with square shelves and put mirrors into the back like how the pattern is put into the first one. I think it'd look awesome!

    Olive & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your idea for putting mirrors in the back- I'll have to add that to my list! :)

      Delete
  5. I can really relate to this! I love adding to my book collection, but I have the hardest time subtracting from it. I recently reorganized my bookshelves because I got some new ones for Christmas and the shelves were already overstuffed. It's hard! Since my dream is to one day have enough space to dedicate an entire wall to my books, I'm loving #3, but the shelf with the pink inside is so cute too!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always say that one day I want a bookshelf like in Beauty and the Beast (with the rolling ladder and everything!) :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They are so fun, right? I wish I was naturally this crafty!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)