Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Dressing for a Sunny Winter

I recently got my first reader request for a style post (thanks Margaret- you made my day!) and she asked if I would help explain "Florida Style" since she is moving here from the chilly North! She pointed out that in researching the area she noticed we have a much more relaxed style, and wanted to know how that translated in the warmer winter months. I loved the idea!!

Our style here in the Sunshine State is different from just about anywhere else in the country- and I wouldn't have it any other way. While I am working on a fun style collaboration with some other blogger friends, I thought today would be perfect for a roundup of some of my favorite winter looks for the sunniest "winter" around!

1) I think I have a new mantra in life, "Aztec is always the answer" (ha!) A cozy tribal sweater on a chilly 50 degree day is the perfect combination. I love pairing these sweaters with my favorite ponte pants and riding boots. It's got the right weight to keep you warm, while not making you burn up!



2) When your forecast is a little warmer you don't need riding boots, so a lightweight sweater, perfect fit pants, and cute flats are your answer for running errands around town or a casual day at the office.

3) You can easily transition many of your dresses into the fall and winter months by adding tights and boots! There's not too much to this look, but often this is my go-to style (and one in which I feel the most confident)! Bonus of wearing tights: it works like cheap spanx! hehe!

4) This all-black look is perfect for a night out or a dressier day at the office. Lightweight long-sleeves and pants are the perfect answer to "what should I wear?" when it comes to a sunny winter!

5) Y'all, I think I have a serious sweater obsession- I've never met one I didn't like! I love transitioning my summer skirts by tucking in a sweater and layering with tights and boots. (PS- sharing this outfit made me want to pull it out of my closet again, time to break this baby back out!) 

6) This is one of my very favorite looks from last year, and it reminds me that simple is almost always better! I love this sweet sweater and my go-to pearls make this look so very classic.

7) Have I ever turned down a preppy look or an excursion vest? (The answer is a resounding "no" my friends!) The great thing about this look is the layers- they definitely help ward off the winter chill! If it's an especially cold day you can easily swap out the flats for boots for additional warmth!

I feel like this post was a flashback for me… look at all those hair lengths! ha! Hope you enjoyed today's round-up! And come on down and visit us here in the Sunshine State!

Thanks for stopping by y'all!

Bless Her Heart Y'all


InDuffinitely Me


The Fashion Canvas


Gracefullee Made

post signature

19 comments

  1. I can't decide which outfit I like best, they all look cute and stylish!
    Stephanie
    http://positivelystephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! SO glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. It's so fun to see all these cute posts! I wondered how cool it got there, lows of 50 would be nice. Snow fell overnight here 😒

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!! We only hit 20 or 30 once or twice during the seson… but I remember the days of snow- stay warm! :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE THIS! Thanks Gentry ~ will be back in town to visit the house in December. I can't wait to see what constitutes "Winter Chill" in my soon-to-be hometown! At least now I have an idea what to pack! XO!
    ~Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked this Margaret! You gave me some great inspiration! :) I hope you love it down here as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  4. Great Florida style! It's so hard to dress here in the south. Florida is much worse than Georgia, as far as weather not matching the season. We have to be creative in styling so we look appropriate, but not miserably hot! Great post!
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Whitney! I'm warm in the morning and burning up in the afternoons in "winter" so being creative is a must! :)

      Delete
  5. I love all of these outfits, I think you may have convinced me to finally buy those fabulous polka dot pants from Old Navy! Also, your photography is fantastic! Who does it?

    Thanks so much for linking up with Tremendous Tuesday!
    Hugs! Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a twitter I can tweet your link out to?

      Delete
    2. HI Amber!

      I'm still working on my Twitter but hope to have it up and running soon!

      My Aunt does all my photography- she's not a professional but she is pretty fabulous! :)

      Thanks for visiting! xo

      Delete
  6. I love wearing tights, built in spanx for sure! I love all of your outfits, you're just too cute! I feel like we're pretty much style twins, I was scrolling through thinking, 'Oh, I have that too' or 'need that!'. Thanks for sharing, such a great post.

    Brooke
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one using that trick! :)

      And SO happy to have found a style-twin!! xxoo

      Delete
  7. GIRL! I love your style! I am going to have to go back to each of these posts! Love your christmas front door!! Thanks for joining the Celebrate Southern Linkup this week! I am pinning this great post to our official board now! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo!! Thanks for all your sweet words!! xoxo

      Delete
  8. you have such cute style! I love every single look :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so stinking cute! I agree with all of your tips! I'm in Atlanta, so not quite such mild winters, but I really like revamping my dresses with tights, and strutting sweaters with flats... just like you did here. Great tips for new Floridians! Thanks for joining Celebrate Southern link up this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)