Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

I Heart New York {Day 2}

Day 2 of our New York trip was the absolute busiest day!! It all began with a 4am wake-up call to get pretty for the Today Show… I'm a HUGE Today fan (I watch it every morning when I am getting ready for work) and since the summer concert series was featuring Jason Mraz Mall and I thought it would be the perfect "new york experience"! It was extra special because my cousin, Marissa, happened to be in NY too and joined us for the fun! I even ran into two of my college friends in the crowd (Britteny M and Marissa G is was SO FUN to see you!)







We ran across the famous "Love" statue and of course had to snap a picture! Mall and I love NYC!


Marissa and I are both huge "How I Met Your Mother" fans and went to the bar that inspired the series (both writers frequented the bar and are still there often)- talk about a total "fan girl" moment!! We were so excited to be there! McGees even has a whole section of HIMYM-inspired drinks! Squeal!





Mall indulged in a Shirley Temple while I tried "the pineapple incident" - yum!


Marissa taught us how to navigate the subway, and we were so proud of ourselves for figuring it out! While being on it we heard a quartet of the best singers… total "new york moment"!


After McGees we headed down to Battery Park so we could see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. It was amazing to see these moving landmarks in person! We took the Statue Cruise line out there and I highly recommend them if you are planning a trip there too. It took about an hour to see both sights and we were only a relaxing ferry to and from- it was great!






The coolest thing about NYC is that you never know what you are going to find around the corner!




Maybe our favorite part of the whole trip was going to see Cinderella on Broadway- it was seriously an amazing show! We did the TKTS booth in the afternoon to get tickets for the evening performance and scored our 7th row seats for 50% off! It was really a magical evening!



Outfit 1- Tank: Gap Outlet (not online, almost exact) // Skirt: Gap Outlet (not online, love this) // Watch: Randy Jackson (sold out, great alternative) // Sandals: Sam and Libby for Target // Crossbody: Old Navy // Necklace: Technibond (coming in October!)

Outfit 2- Dress: Lilly Pulitzer (old, this is fabulous) // Wedges: J.Crew Factory (not pictured) // Bracelets: Bellezza and Bourbon and Boweties

We had so much fun on Day 2! I will wrap it up tomorrow with my recap from Day 3 (hint: we shopped til we dropped!)

Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

No comments

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)