Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

I Heart New York {Day 1}

I just got back from the absolute BEST trip with my sister to New York!! Mallory just turned 16 and had never been to the Big Apple and it was on her list of dream places to go. I decided that 16 was the perfect age to introduce her to NY - so off we went for 4 fun days!!

Since I'm a little OCD I did have an itinerary for us (hourly and created in Excel, please and thank you)- but I was willing to flex throughout the weekend! It just always helps me to have a plan!

Today I'm going to recap what we did on day one- traveling and shopping throughout the city!! This is Mall and I at the airport ready to get our New York on (pretty perky for 6am)!


Ready for take-off!!




We stayed right in Times Square at the Marriott Marquis and it was the absolute perfect location! I highly recommend this hotel if you want to be in the heart of the action. This is a little selfie in Times Square:


Since we arrived ahead of schedule we spend the afternoon exploring 5th Avenue, Madison Avenue, and Park Avenue. Pictured here in front of the NY Public Library (home of Carrie's Sex and the City Movie Wedding-that-wasn't):



Of course we HAD to stop at Tiffany's and do some engagement ring "shopping"! #agirlcandream


Such a "New York" scene- I loved these cute lil bike carts!


I'm not gonna lie... Mall was a total trooper and walked about 30 blocks with me so I could see the Lilly Pulitzer store on Madison Avenue... who wouldn't be obsessed with this pink print wall?!


Even the bathroom was Lilly perfection!


The view from our window... so pretty!


What I wore:

Outfit 1- Top: Lilly Pulitzer (old, love this) // Shorts: Old Navy // Sandals: Jack Rogers // Watch: Randy Jackson (no longer sold, love this)

Outfit 2- Tee: J.Crew Factory (sold out, but love this) // Shorts: Old Navy // Sandals: Sam and Libby for Target // Crossbody: Old Navy

I have so much more to share from Day 2 and 3- so check back tomorrow to see more of our adventures! Thanks for stopping by!

post signature

2 comments

  1. Your sister looks so much like you! I've (sadly) never been to New York, but I know I need to go. It looks like you both had a great time - I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have a great time in the city! It's wonderful! :)

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)