Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Organize Me Monday: Recipe Box

Even though life has been a bit crazy lately (read: running between work, Junior League meetings, friends and family) I love the simple joy of taking some time to make a home cooked meal. Even if it's as simple as throwing together a crockpot dish, I love trying new recipes- and old-time favorites!

I am a bit old fashioned in my recipe organization and I'm not ashamed :) I love handwritten recipes, each and every one tells a story and brings back memories. I have ones handwritten by my mom, giving me tips for cooking; ones written my girlfriends, reminding me of the fun we had making them together; and ones written by me, that I bring back fond times I had cooking for loved ones.

But when you have so many recipes, you have to have a great way to organize them! I file mine away by "type of dish"- appetizers, side dish, main dishes, and desserts. Then within these main categories I break them down by main ingredient. This makes is super simple for me to find whatever I am looking for!

How do you organize your recipes? Do you organize them physically or digitally?







Hope your week is wonderful friends!

post signature

1 comment

  1. It was so fun years ago when we sat down and created your recipe system. I will always keep my handwritten, with a sticker to match, comments, serving ideas, and a list of people I have given the recipe to. It will be a treasure to hand down to you and Mallory. One of my most treasured (and used) recipes is the Banana Bread recipe Ganno (my grandmother) wrote for me. Stained and worn, it was the inspiration for my recipe collection. Gee, I used it again just yesterday! TYJ.....

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)