Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

One Dress, Two Occasions

As a girl who is always on the go, it is important to me that when I purchase an item of clothing it can be worn for more than one and dressed up or down. I fell head over heels for this Ellen and Ollie Dress (look at that giant bow- who wouldn't?!) and I love that it has become a versatile piece in my wardrobe.

I thought today it would be fun to show you two ways I styled this dress (and hopefully inspire you to dig in your closet for pieces you can remix)! Accessories make all the difference when you are changing the look of your outfit.

The first occasion this dress is perfect for is dressed up for a wedding! Grab your favorite heels (in my case these nude pumps are perpetually my go-to) and some fun baubles to make your look ready to celebrate a bride and groom! I love these statement earrings- now that I have short hair, big and bold earrings have become much more fun to wear (you can see them so much better)! I gave myself an easy up-do to make my look a little more wedding appropriate too. Love how all these fun details came together!











The second occasion to wear this dress is a "dressed down" look, and in my case that occasion is a Crawfish Boil (not a joke- last summer a girlfriend of mine hosted a giant boil in her backyard and this is the dress I wore). Switching out my pumps for Jacks and my oversize accessories for simple ones make this dress perfect for a fun, backyard evening with your favorite girls!





Wedding Look:
Dress: Ellen and Ollie (last summer, new line here) // Nude Heels: Payless (similar here) // Earrings: Francesca's (similar here) // Bangle: HSN (similar here) // Cocktail Ring: HSN

Crawfish Boil:
Dress: Ellen and Ollie (last summer, new line here) // Sandals: Jack Rogers (here) // Watch: HSN (similar here) // Bangle: Marion's (here) // Ring: HSN (similar here and here)

post signature

2 comments

  1. Love those beautiful blue earrings you found at Francesca's. They go perfectly with that dress! TYJ...

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)