Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Workweek Chic: Part 1

I haven't made any secret of the fact that I have a fabulous career in corporate retail that I just love! I can't complain about being surrounded by fashion- specifically gorgeous jewels- every day! I am the rare story of a girl who is actually living out her dream career. I've always know that I wanted to work in fashion, and the more I learned in college about corporate retail, the more I knew that was where I wanted to be. Four years in and I don't regret for a day that I have made my dreams come true- I know that this is exactly where the Lord wanted me to be! 

However, working in an office 5 days a week means a certain "dress code". Since I work for a fashion-forward retailer I definitely have a lot more flexibility in my clothes than if I worked for a traditional corporate office (for example, we always have the option to wear jeans to work), but that doesn't mean I'm immune to those days when I need to be more "traditional". 

So, I thought it would be fun to do a little "mini-series" on workweek chick outfits and show you three different looks for three different work scenarios that I encounter in my job. If you like it we can definitely do some more in the future! :) 

Today I tackle an "Executive Presentation" - or what I would wear when making a presentation to our executive committee. I love this outfit because it bows to the traditional while keeping my personality in it with the pop of bright coral. For occasions like this I think it's important to keep your jewelry simple and classic- you don't want to distract from the great things that you have to say! 







Dress: Loft (love this here) // Cardigan: Old Navy (here) // Nude Heels: Payless (similar here) // Watch: HSN (here) // Bracelet: HSN (here) // Opal Ring: HSN (here)

post signature

6 comments

  1. The coral dress is such a soft, pretty color on you! TYJ.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this--I work in a corporate office (but pretty strict) and its nice to have a little fashion to go with it still :) I would honestly love to hear more about how you got into corporate retail fashion world--if you would be down to answer some questions could you email me at tecruciani@gmail.com! I have been trying to find something along those lines :)

    Thank you,
    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to share my story with you! My email is gentry.adams@gmail.com- why don't you shoot me some questions and I will answer as best I can! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's all thanks to a talented lady behind the lens ;)

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)