Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Organize Me Monday: Putting Your Baubles In Order

When I was in college, I was no accessory queen. I liked spending my shopping money on fabulous clothes, and jewelry just detracted from that budget, so I always kept it simple with solitaire pendants and studs and let my brightly patterned clothes take center stage. Then, I hit the real world and got a fabulous job in corporate retail working in jewelry. And everything changed!

All of  a sudden statement necklaces made perfect sense (how had I lived without them?!) and "do you bangle" became part of my everyday vernacular. In a matter of months my jewelry collection was bursting at the seams of my formerly small organization system. So what is a girl with an over-sized jewelry collection to do?

It was time to get crafty! My college roommate (and bestie) Asha had created one of these boards and I thought it was the perfect time to create my very own! All you need is a pegboard (you can get one super cheap at your local Lowes or Home Depot) and hooks (which you can buy in the same aisle). I painted mine with acrylic paint to match the colors in my room and make it a little more like "art" then just a utilitarian organization system.

I absolutely love how it turned out- and it is perfect for keeping all my baubles in order!










I hope your week is off to an organized (and fashionable) start!

post signature

4 comments

  1. This is adorable! I grabbed some sort of hanger from Ikea that I hang my necklaces on, but I've been looking to upgrade. I've seen a few ideas on Pinterest, but this is by far my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! So glad you like the idea- it's so easy to personalize and customize to what you need!

      Delete
  2. Who knew you were so crafty? What a great way to organize jewelry (and add a piece of art to the closet area). TYJ............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every once in awhile I can get arty!

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)