Spring & Summer Fashion

Spring & Summer Fashion
Spring/Summer Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Organize Me Monday: Start 2014 With a Plan(ner)

Y'all I am so excited to talk to you about something near and dear to my heart... my planner! Since we are all beginning an exciting new year (hello 2014!) I thought it was the perfect time to share with you how I organize my planner, and maybe give you a few tips for organizing yours.

First things first... with all the commitments I have on my plate I devised a color-coding system for myself so when I looked at my monthly and weekly overviews I could see instantly where my commitments were falling.

{Hint: I made my color-codes related to what they were for... Green is the color of money, hence why everything associated with Junior League fundraisers is highlighted in green. And, "pink for personal" & "blue for board" kind-of rhymed and helped me remember my own system!}




Now, here is the monthly overview page... I put all my events on this page. I leave of specifics (like time and location) because there is plenty of space on the weekly pages. I consider this my "month at a glance".


Now we will look at the weekly view. Again, I use my color coding system to highlight my events. I also add post-its to my week with my "to-do" list. I like to keep my to-do list in my planner since I always have my planner with me! It also helps me as I look at my week to budget my time and when I can take care of the tasks on my list. {Side-note: My planner came with cute stickers and I love to add them to fun events like weddings! Keep your planner fun, it will help you stay motivated to keep up with keeping it organized :)}


I hope that these simple tips (and a peek inside my planner) gives you a few ideas for yours, or maybe inspires you to keep one. I can tell you that nothing makes me happier than an organized planner! :) 


Planner: Lilly Pulitzer (brand new January edition here)

Cheers to an organized 2014!

post signature

6 comments

  1. I started using this organization system and have never been more organized. Phone calendars are great for quick but this kept me organized and well planned!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! I agree- pen and paper keep me much more organized than electronic calendars !

      Delete
  2. The color coding idea is really smart and lets you see visually your commitments week by week. I use mini post its also. That way if a task isn't completed, I just move the post it to the next day and don't have to re-write. ex: call vet to schedule boarding Love your system! TYJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your adaptation! Thanks for sharing your ideas :)

      Delete
  3. I love this, Gentry! I usually abandon my planner midway through the year, but as busy as my life has become, I need it more than ever. Thanks for these helpful tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading!! I'm glad my tips gave some encouragement :) I have faith you can keep your planner this year! :)

      Delete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)