Fall & Winter Fashion

Fall & Winter Fashion
Fall/Winter Style

Work Style

Work Style
Work Style

Dressing Room

Dressing Room
Dressing Room Diaries

Droppin' Anchor

Y'all! Old Navy's new arrivals are driving me bananas- in the best way possible! For a nautical lover like me, I am in heaven, because they have literally covered every piece of clothing in anchors! It's like a dream come true!

Now onto the outfit at hand... as soon as I saw this adorable sweater in the "new arrivals" section I snapped it right up! I have been seeing layering all over the place this season, seems every single blogger is layering a sweater over a button up (and adding a statement necklace of course). Well I just didn't think it was for me- don't get me wrong, it looks ah-dorable on everyone else, but I was afraid with my short new do it wouldn't read quite "girly" enough. Well I was sure wrong- as soon as I gave layering a try I fell head-over-heels in LOVE! What a fun, preppy, classic look! I can't get enough!

Is there a trend out there you are afraid to try? Let me encourage you to give it a try! At worst, its a good laugh (been there, done that), and at best its a new way to wear pieces you love. Take a chance!







Sweater: Old Navy (here) // Button Up: Old Navy (similar here) // Jeans: LOFT (here) // Necklace: Target (similar here) // Boots: Sam Edelman (on sale here) // Opal Ring: HSN (here)

I leave you with a favorite quote of mine:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. (Mark Twain)

Happy Thursday!

PS- Having fun linking up with Perfectly Coutured and Everyday Fashion and Finance for Three-for Thursday! 

post signature

8 comments

  1. Glad you were convinced to give layering a try. I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for helping me figure it out! :)

      Delete
  2. So put together and fun. Love the orange checked shirt underneath! TYJ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog through a link-up and really liking it - you are adorable! Love your style notebook too - I do the same thing with writing down specific outfit ideas! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So glad you are enjoying the blog :) Love that great minds think alike!

      Delete
  4. Love this on you! Layering is the best way to stay warm and this is the perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your sweet and encouraging words! Thank you for taking time to comment! (I reply by email unless you have a "no-reply" address set up)